Off Topic Playground

Oh, not bad. Just finished lunch. Not that I ate anything...too busy painting. Pants, shirts and skin done on Mei and two of the Rail Workers. Now working on the metals, the hair, shoes and any other details.

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

It's a slippery slope though, once you start on free handing you just end up getting more and more complex with it!

As I just discovered, it's ridiculously easy to enjoy freehand with a proper brush...I think I love this brush. (hugs it) So much easier to do detail work!

Yeah when I got good brushes everything got soo much better the control you have makes a lot of difference.

Not going to a chance to do any painting tonight and tomorrow night looks grim too as I am doing graphic design for my sister in laws new company shes just starting up, at least my wife is helping with the graphic design too (sometimes I swear she uses photoshop better than me)

Keep at it and post piccies when you can. I didn't do any painting last night. I'll make up for it tonight though. Do a couple more hours on avatar P and the hounds. Now I finally know where the colours go on doberman type dogs. You ever have that where you can't remember what parts are what colour on an animal?

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Similar to tumblr_liwtsjlW1L1qf0zlfo1_500.png

Frequently, lol. Glad to hear you're making progress though! What colors are you painting up the Neverborn dragon?

I intend to put up pics tonight, if not this morning...depends on if I can get my hands on the camera before the owner takes it away for the day.

Have to say, I think I might change how I'm doing the purple, now that I look at it. I did the wash over metal technique again, needed about five successive washes of yellow, but it came out nice and doesn't overwhelm the details. Not as vibrant, but oh well.

What is that anime? o.O

And yeah, I noticed how close we are...I think me, Monkey and Mako deserve a lot of the credit for that, we've been picking up the morning crew's slack in here! *wink*

lol, yeah, you guys witter on don't you?

And don't start getting any fancy ideas about taking over...I'm the law around these parts....well, when Fell's not here...

...o.o Abs, you have miniatures unpainted that are my age? Wow. That's kinda sad...

lol..make me feel old why don't you!! And yeah, but when you have 10,000+ points worth of warhammer dwarfs and only a few units are painted...it kinda over faces you a bit lol.

Believe me, if i even had the remotest of time to paint, I would be happily doing it..I love(d) painting!!

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Anime is so over my head lol......wouldn't know where to start.

Give me Hong Kong Phooey anyday...

its just a temporary lull...The Guild is still the dominant force around here..who do you think is keeping those puppets at bay... Chocobo? pfft

And anime still bewilders me..its those stary eyes..they're neverborn I tells ya!

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Hey I have 4101 posts in this thread lol!!

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

4102..3....doh!

(watches a horde of puppets congregate around Abs)

Um. Abs? I think you may have just annoyed the puppets.

Nonsense, they are just curious......Get off my leg!

Ok, thats my lunch, give it here..

Good grief, its like living with chimps....

*Calls Herbie, who clanks into the thread, puppets scatter*

And that is what I call..... control!