Off Topic Playground

Amen on the weekend being in sight. Good to hear you're making progress! How much more to go?

Oh, and does anyone have any ideas on a steampunk/magic form of a jetpack that doesn't involve rockets or turbines? Working on the novel, and I want to include a type of 'jump infantry' but I'm not sure how to go about doing it...

I'm about half way done on Seamus and have just started Sybelle.

Technology: Electromagnets. Limited to launching off their launch pads or tanks etc. Give them a deployable chunk of metal to fire in front of them to repel off for slowing down for landing.

Magic: Anything you like. Localised gravity reversal. Limited flight.

Edited by SteamHammer

I do like the magnet idea, however. Especially basing it around the idea of electromagnets, where it's activated by a switch...They could use that to launch themselves into the air, and then use gliders to control their descent. In an emergency, the pack could be used to slow them down like you recommended. That could be really interesting...

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 AM ----------

I'll be interested to see how that turns out, actually!

Capacitors are wonderful things, lol. I was just going to use those, honestly. High charge, short lived bursts of energy. And the nice thing about my semi-physics based magic system is that high density capacitors are a theoretical thing someone working with electricity would come up with.

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

The Quill is going great! We've got a lot of new writers, including two who wrote their story before telling me they had any interest! Hoping to get a few more stories before the deadline, but the ones we've had have been great!

I dunno where everyone else is. Was wondering that myself.

Oh, I haven't painted Sybelle yet, lol. Probably will eventually, but it's pretty low on the list of things I want to paint...

Way to go Chocobo! What're you bringing for your demo crews?

Oh, and Steam, was wondering what your thoughts might be on me introducing Kiiva earlier, and switching 'Steam' the engineer from an Assarian engineer over to a Drasvarian mage engineer? (and I'm probably going to change that term, really unwieldy... artificer, perhaps?)

I wash going to paste a WIP pic but my phone can't focus on them and I can't be bothered getting my camera. You'll have to be patient.

Never! *wink*

Man, I need to put up some photos of my own at this rate. If I wake up in time to do so, I'll take some photos of my Malifaux stuff that I haven't put up (which is probably a lot now that I think about it) and my Thousand Sons.

I dunno where everyone else is. Was wondering that myself.

Oh, I haven't painted Sybelle yet, lol. Probably will eventually, but it's pretty low on the list of things I want to paint...

Way to go Chocobo! What're you bringing for your demo crews?

Oh, and Steam, was wondering what your thoughts might be on me introducing Kiiva earlier, and switching 'Steam' the engineer from an Assarian engineer over to a Drasvarian mage engineer? (and I'm probably going to change that term, really unwieldy... artificer, perhaps?)

Got a lady J

Sonnia

Rasputina

And Lilith list s ready for tonight

*Herbie stomps into thread, gun attachment cooling down with a slow whine*

*Abs hops down*

Whats this? Looks interesting....

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Hmmmm...looks like bacon, but smells of Arcanist trickery....Herbie, sic em!

*Herbie lashes out, fist flies through wall, grabs Edonil and pulls him back through wall, before dropping on the floor*

Oh, you....sorry bout that...