Off Topic Playground

Busy as always. I long for a quiet day at work.

Finally finished the Cryptonomicon, now to get through that Mistwraith book. King Arthur the computer game is coming along nicely. Now I just need to make some time for exercise.

How're you?

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Lets see head foggy, nose runny, throat flemy..... bugger it think I am sick

Keep your distance plaguey. While I'd like to be off work with a cold, there's too much to do at the moment. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm not too bad. Got the major project for history done, finally. Ugh, hated that assignment so much. Still, the rest of the semester is just quizzes and a few forum exchanges for both classes, so that shouldn't be too bad. Gonna try to get in some Carver writing today if I can...

Monkey, sorry to hear you're sick. Still working on the Korps?

yo.....how the dickens are you all?

Well, on the plus side..I have finished a first draft of my Iron Quill entry...but that won't be seing the light of day until some serious proof reading has been undertaken!

My Raven Guard are almost all built...so will try and get a game of the new edition this weekend, all being well.

On the down side....work, just work.

Dealing with a sick mother. How have you been? Did I miss anything important?

Hope your mom is feeling better soon.

You haven't painted anything until you've painted wode face paint on a 6mm scots irish army!

Sometimes I think I'd like 6mm fantasy...the one that gets me is 2mm:

http://www.irregularminiatures.co.uk/indexes/2mmindex.htm

http://steelonsand.blogspot.com/

Other than tanks and big vehicles, minis at this scale seem like more trouble than they are worth. I do like that they are supposed to be the proper scale for eyeball-to-table visual distance, as though the players are in balloons or something above the battlefield, watching everything.

Did you ever play Space Marine/Epic/Titan Legions where you'd get a little marine guy who's base was a tiny bit too large to fit in the round hole in the squad base, and it would pop out of it and go shooting off into the distance. If you ever did find the body it would just be the lower legs in the base having sheared off at the knee.