Off Topic Playground

Naw, just some disappointments, that's all. Finally got up the nerve to ask a girl out last Thursday and she told me yesterday she didn't return my interest. Which is fine, but no less disappointing.

Aside from that, the weekend wasn't terrible, just a lot of time expended on schoolwork.

lol, morning peeps!

I bet youre glad the trial run of the quill is over eh Edonil? Though I believe you may be springing a second trial on us tomorrow!

Read through the new 40k rules and am happy to say my Raven Guard and White Scars are still very viable...in fact possibly enhanced slightly!

Just got to finish building the Scars and then base them all....then try and paint some.

Otherwise my opponents shall continually be facing the grey army of doom...

Ah, that sucks Ed. but at least there's no more waiting!

Weekends are somewhat less fun when you're stuck at your parents place, I've discovered. I'm heading towards thirty at a fair speed, why can they not leave my life alone!!

Keep on trying. Sooner or later you'll meet the right one. Although when you do I'm sure your attendance here might drop off.

Oh, I know. Still, quite a bit of a mental/emotional fight with myself to stick with being sane and keeping it from being a root of bitterness. Right now I'm fine, and I'm expecting this to be the way things'll be most of the next few weeks. It's just the every once in a while of getting hit with the emotions that'll suck.

As far as the Quill goes, I am indeed giving you guys a second trial run tomorrow! Think you'll have time to join in?

And I would agree, assault marine and biker armies definitely got some interesting boosts in the new edition of the rules. I just played a game on Saturday with my Thousand Sons and greatly enjoyed it.

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

Ah, that sucks Ed. but at least there's no more waiting!

True that. True that. You get your homework from me done yet?

Why not just pick a grey army then just paint little details on otherwise unpainted models.

True..though i dont want to be 'that guy' with the Grey knights army lol...

As far as the Quill goes, I am indeed giving you guys a second trial run tomorrow! Think you'll have time to join in?

And I would agree, assault marine and biker armies definitely got some interesting boosts in the new edition of the rules. I just played a game on Saturday with my Thousand Sons and greatly enjoyed it.

Oh i'm sure i'll find time to write something..and maybe this time i'll get some votes lol!

And yeah, looking forward to burning some heretics on the battlefield soon...

Woohoo, finally finished the worst bit of any painting - cleaning up the blasted models! Ad tonight, I shall break out the spray paint and sculpting tools. Not at the same time of course.

And the forums all peace and reasoned discussion again. Well, mostly. But I suppose there'll always be someone out to throw tantrums and be offensive.

Oo, iron quill round two tomorrow. Time to defend my bragging rights!

Finally getting cooler here, though it's muggy right now because of the change to rainy weather.

So glad to be able to eat again...I feel like I'm at about 85% now. I can only think of a handful of people I would have wished this on, and most of them are public figures of some kind.

Nice and sunny here .... cold though :)

I recently picked up some coat d' arms paints they were the makers of the original GW paints so have a lot of the older colours....

I would like to hear how they are- the old Coat d'Arms-made Citadel paints look at the new GW paints, with their drying out in a year or so, and scoff.

My friend got some of the new Warpaints. So far they look like they will be pretty good.

Finally got up the nerve to ask a girl out last Thursday and she told me yesterday she didn't return my interest. Which is fine, but no less disappointing.

At least she told you. I have a lot more respect for someone willing to say "no" than someone who just avoids me. Just like job interviews- every "no" is one step closer to "yes" (that's statistically speaking, by the way- each "no" is assumed to come from a different person *wink*).

Wonder if I can finish my Rasputina crew and get another one cleaned and painted in time for demos in two weeks? Not sure who I should pair up with her- leaning towards the Viks though oddly enough I think Nicodem could work too.

Gotta place a small base and tray order to Shogun Miniatures tonight. Their prices for magnetic bases and steel trays are better than others' wood and plastic prices.