Off Topic Playground

Hey, welcome to the thread! Honestly, we're not as crazy as we seem. <.<...>.> Yeah...

And in defense of my absence, I blame work. I've only just recently managed to figure out how to get on here through proxy servers (and don't really like that)...that, and trying to hit 50 on my bounty hunter in TOR before the big expansion patch next month chews up time, lol. I'm almost there, so there's that. Thanks for that big write up, Path! That'll be very helpful, if I can manage to figure out how to apply it. I think I have a few ideas, it'll just be interesting to see if I can pull it off. I just had one that's a modification to my original idea, but I think I really like it, of borrowing the idea of Hamelin and turning him into a Sith and technology modified character who is leading an army of mutated colonists.

Happy Birthday Abs! Hope you have fun!

Happy Bday Abs... you old git! :) Just think, you'll be able to ride those buses for free what with you OAP card?! :)

Nah.. only kidding.... Happy birthday Eggman! :) *Passes Abs some shine*

*glares, takes shine. Sniffs it. Pours it into glass, glass dissolves.* Maybe later!

*Quietly knocks on the doorway and slowly walks in*

Umm... excuse me would anybody mind if I hung out here while I wait for Iron Painter results?

Nope come in, make yourself comfortable. Coffee and bacon sarnies available. I'm Absolution Black, or Abs. I'm part of the Guild presence in here, along with Fell. Regnak is your obligatory Gremlin, Edonil is..ummm..finger waggler (arcanist) as is Steam, i think. Path is showgirl obsessed....and when he can be bothered to turn up, KArn is our resident Neverborner.

Hey, welcome to the thread! Honestly, we're not as crazy as we seem. <.<...>.> Yeah...

And in defense of my absence, I blame work. I've only just recently managed to figure out how to get on here through proxy servers (and don't really like that)...that, and trying to hit 50 on my bounty hunter in TOR before the big expansion patch next month chews up time, lol. I'm almost there, so there's that. Thanks for that big write up, Path! That'll be very helpful, if I can manage to figure out how to apply it. I think I have a few ideas, it'll just be interesting to see if I can pull it off. I just had one that's a modification to my original idea, but I think I really like it, of borrowing the idea of Hamelin and turning him into a Sith and technology modified character who is leading an army of mutated colonists.

Happy Birthday Abs! Hope you have fun!

Fun? I'm at work. :( but maybe later!

Finger waggler? Sheesh, it's been a long time since I've been in this thread on a regular basis, cause that name doesn't seem like it fits...

Honestly, I've worked most of my birthdays, didn't have a reason to take the time off.

Oh, and as an aside- GAH! I want to get out of this place. o.o Going stir crazy right now. On the other hand, I'm trying to tempt the muse into jumping back into a project...think I can get her interested in going back to Carver of Flesh...

Regnak is your obligatory Gremlin

??!

What he means to say is I'm the ruler of these parts... nothing happens without my say so... people in here pretty much worship the ground I walk on, so you are more than welcome to hang out here... you can never have enough fans! :)

Edonil!!! Space Marine is a calling! ;) finished the Chaos DLC a while back, the bonus wave is insane!!

Yeah, I'd say I'm an Arcanist. Just never hear that term out of this thread, and been sadly vacant from it!

I still need to read your last section... (adds it to the list of stuff to do) I do enjoy the Absolution Black stuff, so I'm looking forward to it, that's for sure!

And glad to hear that you'd want to read more Carver! Right now, I just need to figure out where I want the plot to go, lol. I knew what I wanted at the time of writing, but that was well over a month ago now! One thing that I'll say I was pleasantly surprised to see in the comments when I was revisiting it yesterday was Cambrius' comment that I write female characters so well. Took that as a huge compliment, because it's pretty hard to make good, strong female characters as a guy...then again, reading the Star Wars books recently, apparently there's a ton of women out there who can't do it either, and they're published novelists! :P

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

Morning Regnak! When're we doing our Space Marine match, eh?

Yeah, I'd say I'm an Arcanist. Just never hear that term out of this thread, and been sadly vacant from it!

I still need to read your last section... (adds it to the list of stuff to do) I do enjoy the Absolution Black stuff, so I'm looking forward to it, that's for sure!

And glad to hear that you'd want to read more Carver! Right now, I just need to figure out where I want the plot to go, lol. I knew what I wanted at the time of writing, but that was well over a month ago now! One thing that I'll say I was pleasantly surprised to see in the comments when I was revisiting it yesterday was Cambrius' comment that I write female characters so well. Took that as a huge compliment, because it's pretty hard to make good, strong female characters as a guy...then again, reading the Star Wars books recently, apparently there's a ton of women out there who can't do it either, and they're published novelists! :P

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

Morning Regnak! When're we doing our Space Marine match, eh?

Hmmmm.. it depends when Path shows up! Are you about today at any point?

Oh and Abs.. we had a collection and got you some cake:

Pop_Up_Cake_Girl.jpg

Not today, no. I still have to work tonight! However, tomorrow would be perfectly fine. Just need to figure out a time.

No worries, when Path gets on here we'll see what time he can come up with ;)

Looking forward to having a game... it been a long time since we've had a chat and you've told me how great I am! ;) I mean, I hear how great I am every day, its just nice to hear it in a different accent! :P

Unfortunately, Bruce, my favorite Abomination, leaked a mixture of motor oil and...well, to be honest, I couldn't even tell what else, into the chili I was going to bring. So yeah, doubt you'll want to touch that.

Bruce says he's sorry and wishes you a happy birthday anyway.

Wait, it's Abs' birthday? Umm, I must have a present round here somewhere...

Aha! Here you go man.

*hands over a penguin with a bow on its head*

Ooh I love penguins!

Cheers Guys .... did not realize it was somebody's birthday I got you this .... um um

*frantically searches pockets*

Magic pocket lint! It keeps away sandworms ..... really :)

Excellent! Always getting plagued by sandworms....

You got him magic pocket lint, I only got AB's a tower made of cake

No, no.....cake is GOOD!!! *strains to see top of tower*

Thats a mighty big cake!

Unfortunately, Bruce, my favorite Abomination, leaked a mixture of motor oil and...well, to be honest, I couldn't even tell what else, into the chili I was going to bring. So yeah, doubt you'll want to touch that.

Bruce says he's sorry and wishes you a happy birthday anyway.

Cheers, yeah i'll pass thanks!

And thanks for all the pressies and cake guys...

Wow, quiet today...hope people are doing well.

So, I just committed myself to cutting my last ties with Privateer Press and stuck nearly $600 of stuff up on Bartertown. :/ Must admit to some sadness doing it, I do love the paintjobs on my Circle. That, and I've got a lot of memories of gaming with them. But I'm just not playing that game anymore...and I have other places I could use the money.