Off Topic Playground

ok... As much as I'm enjoying this conversation... I am oing to sleep. my allergy meds wore off or something and I black jokered my will power duel against the cookies today. SOOOO I'm a itchy mess and I hope these stupid hives will have cleared up at least a littl eby tomorrow. I'm going to try to sleep them off... that totally works right...?

That was my bad. On a plus, I actually found someone else with the same allergy as me.

For some reason Kirai looked like she should be blonde to me. She just didn't have very asian features when I looked at her.

The paint job is all crappy and chipped because it was the second crew I ever painted. I had intended to paint her in a yellow kimono with pink accents, but the color of my primer actually inspired all of the colors that I chose for her crew.

t5iu4l.jpg

I have... (goes to count) 13, after giving away three of them to newbies who were short on money. Plus I'm going to be adding the rest of the Wave 1 starter sets that have been announced, and Jakob Lynch, which will bring me to 18. >.> Crap.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

What counts as a painted crew? I am only missing 19 resurrectionist models and I have all of them painted. Friend of mine did the same with guild. We were going to do a faction wars encounter, all the models versus all the models, but he is out of gaming at the moment.

Starter sets is how I figure crews.

I have... (goes to count) 13, after giving away three of them to newbies who were short on money. Plus I'm going to be adding the rest of the Wave 1 starter sets that have been announced, and Jakob Lynch, which will bring me to 18. >.> Crap.

I'm just happy I'm not the only addict. ;)

Well if that is the standard then, I have 15 sets and only 4 painted with only 3 missing a model to be completed.

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Alright, I just came up with a story encounter idea, now I need a way to get the terrain for the first games cheaply...

Oh?

I'm just happy I'm not the only addict. ;)

I also have a starter box for Retribution of Scyrah, a Chaos Space Marine army that hasn't seen playtime in a while, 2000+ points of Dystopian Wars, about 500 points of Infinity between my ALEPH and Tohaa, 97 models on the way for Robotech Tactics, a bunch of stuff for Battletech, and who knows what else floating around (oh, and my Raging Heroes order that I haven't yet nailed down what I want)...RPG books for three different systems...

I'm much more along the lines of Monkey's addiction, lol.

I don't know about Monkey, but I've been tabletop gaming for 12 years now.

A story about a barfight that spills out into the streets of Malifaux, then running away to keep from being arrested...

So, I need terrain for the first encounter, the rest is pretty easy to come up with. First encounter would be Saloon with Shindig and something, the rest would be in streets or the Quarantine Zone.

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

A story about a barfight that spills out into the streets of Malifaux, then running away to keep from being arrested...

So, I need terrain for the first encounter, the rest is pretty easy to come up with. First encounter would be Saloon with Shindig and something, the rest would be in streets or the Quarantine Zone.

I actually started tabletop quite late..... bought in by some of the guys I played Magic with. *grin* Think I am the only one still playing from that original crew.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Saloon is a pretty easy to make with a little work..... what is a shindig?

I completely understand you guyses addiction to miniatures, considering the warhammer fantasy and warhammer 40k that is clogging my household everywhere I look. Thanks to the hubby, who has also been gaming for a long time. hehe!

As for other miniatures myself, I have a few infinity models, a box of wood elves, and some scavin.

I think I'm the only one here who started with Tabletop instead of anything else, lol.

Shindig is a new Strategy in the Story Encounter section. It adds some new actions, and the first crew to get attacked gets 2VP.

Any suggestions on how to get stuff together for a Saloon, Monkey? That aren't too expensive?

You could make a bar and tables pretty easy with just cardboard, assuming it doesn't have to be super sturdy. Especially if you find the right size box that you could just cut a table out without having to glue any of the pieces together. Like a small jewelry box that perhaps a necklace might come in.

Tempted to try the other games Victoria, or staying a one system gamer?

I've played infinity, haven't had time to assemble the warhammer fantasy, and am looking at getting into a game called freeblades.

But Malifaux is my true love, and where my focus really is. I don't have enough time to play all of the games equally, but it is an easy choice for me which one gets preferential treatment!

I'm...not sure if I am able to get balsa wood at a cheap price, actually. I know we don't have any 'normal' hobby shops in town anymore. Hm. Might need to stop at Hobby Lobby or something and see what they have for cheap wood. I could use sprues as the legs, balsa wood as the tabletop... that'll get me some easy card tables. Could then do a couple bars the same way.