Off Topic Playground

Yeah...(wince) thinking about it is painful...

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

A more entertaining attack was the gun mage firing all eight shots from his pistol at people, and a guy going 'I've got you now! I been counting, that was your eight!' And the mage replies 'Nine.' Then pulls out a single shot flintlock and shoots the guy.

Those are better reasons to me! Though one day I guess I'l actually have to care what I eat, and then they won't seem so trivial.

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

Oh, fantastic. Just dropped the judge and his arm snapped off. Now I have a bunch of repair work and retouching to do...

It's not as bad as it sounds I think. The arm went back on clean, it's only a bit of work on the join between the two paint sides that will need work. Regardless, that's me done for the night with painting. If that stuff starts to happen, it's best to stop and fix it tomorrow.

Heh, well, with the amount of crazy in my schedule, I have to plan something...

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Go figure- first Saturday all summer I have the time to get to a game shop, and everyone I was hoping to get a game against is busy... >.>

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Oh, and continuing with the sharing of amusing tidbits...

'In other words, you're not really interested in helping us win, just in helping us not lose too quickly.'

"In essence...Yes."

Heh. My plan is mostly to wander aimlessly and not actually stress about anything. Even if I miss a seminar, oh well...

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

So the book is merely passable, but has some good one liners in it?

Oh, that one? Prospero Burns? Yeah, couldn't even get through the first chapter of that one...

Anyway, I'm quite impressed with this. It's a quick read, but the amount of character in each member of the cast, especially the three Cygnaran Warjacks, has me really impressed. Now I want to convert up the Cygnaran squad... which is the point that you know a miniatures game tie-in novel has done its job well, lol.

Well, it didn't help that I thought it was a sequel to the Thousand Sons book...was disappointed as heck to find that it was a simultaneous novel with a cast of characters I instantly disliked. That was the point I put down the Heresy books... the Dark Angel books were annoying, but easy to ignore. And the Battle for the Abyss I hoped was a fluke. But when even Dan Abnett is writing something like that...yeah...

By the way, did you happen to notice this picture that Casey snuck in?

WYR21001-HeraldOfObliteration.jpg