Off Topic Playground

don't you just love it when that happens...? :3 Ah the life of a student.... I wish that was all I had to deal with still!

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Aaand illustrator crashed... thank you for waiting until the work was done and saved!

Polite of it. Must admit I'm surprised.

Also, I got back my first review on the cyberpunk story...and Elle's back onto figuring this out and how to spin it so that the story could be the beginning, instead of the middle/end. Which is good. Just working on the kind of situation I could toss at them that would get Kate desperate to do something stupid...along with what that stupid thing could be.

On the upside, the guy told me that he'd be willing to buy the story once it goes to print, lol!

That's a compliment if I've ever heard one! Well done. Could make it a semi political thing, she mentioned getting screwed on her discharge, and stole a bunch of equipment.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

It's a believable enough situation. Politicians are forever stabbing the military in the back.

True. Might try to run with that one. Was thinking of trying to put them in a situation where Kate gets herself 'caught' with the equipment to let the others get away. Ultimately, after this, I want to write her trying to get offworld kind of a plot, and have this be the reason. Hm.

Did you get your other drawing done yet? Or is that what you were working on tonight?

and then, after she escapes the capture, she finds out that one of the pieces of her stuff that she retrieved before she left wasn't actually hers,... and has a bit of forbidden/unknown tech in it (be it a chip or some software or what have you),... and they want it back,...

Cool story. And yes, Ed. That's what illustrator kindly let me finish before crashing. If I get the gig ill be doing about 5 more. Hopefully with much more reasonable timeframes.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Tomorrow night I will put a couple more hours into alien cultures for you. And drawings of course.

Enter a hacker,.. who somehow is watching what she's doing, and occasionally leaves her hints or messages through the tech, to help her stay one step ahead of her pursuers. (he may also be able to remotely access doors or something for her when she has no other options,.. in order to escape) She never meets him or even hears his voice. Their only communication is through written text. And always, he signs his work with the hacker alias

-Common Knowledge

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Not sure why,.. but it always sounded like a cool hacker alias to me,...

I got whupped at netrunner again lol. Not helped by him drawing a godhand, and me drawing an asshand lol.

Goals for this week: stop mucking about, get miss treated primed and her skin painted, and get the base done and primed...

Sounds like novel things are going well?

Sorta coming along, yeah. Changing up what the plans were and all that, frankly. I can save her military history for a prequel or something. Or hell, dream flashbacks...done right, that's a handy trope.

I really need to try this game, apparently...it's become popular outta nowhere.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

I'm giving you all my good ideas. Since I'll never probably use them. But if you become a Gagillionaire off this book,.. I want a cut *grin*

Honestly, I'm trying to avoid using them directly so that you still can use them yourself. Your idea more inspired a different one, lol. And at the least, this entire thread is getting an acknowledgement in anything I publish. At the very least, lol.

It's like magic without the endless net decking and money=win as far as I can tell. Buy the box, you get everything. Then the expansion packs if and when you feel like it. Course, having someone to play that laughs just as much whether they lose or win is useful

Yeah. And there's other things that will get in the way later on too. If I can get miss treated's skin done by Friday night, and the base ready for priming, I'll be pleased. Can then use the weekend to paint the inner clothing and the base, which will be a big chunk of the work.