Off Topic Playground

Um. I'm in season 5, had a few of them already from earlier seasons, and firefox is telling me I've downloaded 128 items. Oh, and I'm at the beginning of season 5.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Another entertaining writing prompt:

Take a Lovecraftian beastie and shove him into The Shire.

Seinfeld himself??? not even remotely funny,...

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

And that supposed comedy "Everybody Loves Raymond",.. well that's a lie,.. 'cause I can't freakin' stand Raymond. He's less funny then Seinfeld.

Gotcha, yeah, that's a problem...

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

So, I think I've figured out a writing project to work on when I want to write but not in the mood for the novel...do something cyberpunkish. I'm thinking of trying to do a hacker heist in an Infinity style setting...

Just because I know where you're at with things, I'd vote post Gencon, lol. But definitely should get back to writing, just because you've told me where it's going doesn't mean I don't want to see you write it, lol.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

The problem with me writing cyberpunk is that I'm going to want to do stuff like this.

schlock20100217.jpg

Heh yeah, I think it won't go very fast until after GenCon. But then again, if I'm sat in the office with half an hour to kill, I might do a little if the mood strikes. There's a lot of details around the major points you know about, and the major points should be pretty fun to do.

That was a good strip. He does have a good style about his storyline.

I really have been enjoying his perspective on things in Writing Excuses, it's been very unique from what I normally get for writing advice.

And I love that whole storyline, lol. Going to read it a few times over if I get to that cyberpunk story...

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

And I'm all for you getting Sophie to start writing during office hours, then Elle won't be the only one. :-P

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Oh dammit. >.< I have that idea for a cyberpunk story. A justified 'Matrix' style hacking. Virtual reality and all that kind of stuff. Well, I did want to stretch my wings a little...seems like it might be happening this week, lol.

This is a quick convo that kinda explains the concept...what do you think?

Rookie: Can't you just hack using the computer coding? I mean, this all just seems stupidly complex.

Vet 1: Cute kid. Someone mind explaining to the rookie why that's dumb?

Vet 2: (sigh) Look. Do you know what an AI is?

Rookie: Sure. Artificial Intelligence, computer programs that mimic being alive.

Vet 2: Correct. What're they made of?

Rookie: Made of? Computer coding, I guess.

Vet 2: Good guess. So, you've got a computer that thinks like a person in pure computer code, and you want to try to beat it at its own game? How do you think that's going to work out?

Rookie: (wince) Badly.

Vet 2: Yeah. The authorities will know where you are within seconds. By creating a virtual reality interface, you've got a little more time to work with things, just because the AI has more to keep itself occupied. So, we go in, and now we're on a more even playing field.