Off Topic Playground

Not finished for good. Just a break of a month or so finished. Still a shame.

Oh lol, yeah my friends gave me a trial membership to crunchyroll, and I'm finding tons of cool animes, but they're all ongoing... I almost want something that's finished so I can binge watch it and get it over with (managed to do that with a good chunk of Gundam Wing until a week later they took it off Crunchyroll).

Our tastes might vary as I couldn't stand Sword Art Online. Not tried Ouran High School Host Club. Just having a look through their list of shows. For light hearted fun there's always Squid Girl or Dogs Days. Will keep looking though.

What didn't you like about Sword Art Online? I liked the first arc, but the second arc was too short by about 3 episodes imo.

Hideously misogynistic ("eeee, a scary monster") and the main character was way too annoying.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

I watched about 9 episodes before giving up.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Of the shows on their list, here are the ones I either watched all the way through or am still watching in the case of the two ongoing ones:

Battle Girls - Time Paradox

Bodacious Space Pirates

Dog Days

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia

Ixion Saga DT - Ongoing

Kuroko's Basketball

Sengoku Collection

Squid Girl

Tari Tari

The Ambition of Oda Nobuna

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou - Ongoing

YuruYuri

Hideously misogynistic ("eeee, a scary monster") and the main character was way too annoying

I felt Kirito was annoying in the first few episodes, but the concept of the show intrigued me (I was a huge .//hack fan back in the day), and so I stuck with it. The "eeee, a scary monster" thing might be less of an issue if they didn't keep pairing him up with female characters lol.

Thanks for the list, I'll look at some of those :)

There are 4 awards up for grabs that day:

1) Most achievements

2) Favorite Opponent

3) Most wins (cannot be the same player as #1)

4) The illustrious - Justin T Gibbs Wooden Spoon Award of Excellence

And the prizes in my prize support box are the following:

Hamelin Box (though honestly I want this for myself lol, since I paid out of pocket)

Marcus Box

Ramos Box

Mobile Toolkit

Steampunk Arachnid Swarm

Outcast Fate Deck

Miss Terious.

Copycat killer (this one has a slot)

I'm thinking the prizes should be spread kind of like this (in order of "best winner to not best winner):

Most Achievements: Starter Box

Most Wins: Fate Deck + Blister

Favorite Opponent: Blister (thinking Miss Terious for this)

Justin T Gibbs Wooden Spoon Award of Excellence: Copycat Killer + Wooden Spoon

Hey alf, ed, what up?

I finally slept for more than two hours on one go. And I feel like I've been hit by several buses. So unfair.

Good story ed. would you like a cookie as a reward? I've managed to stop slatey trying to eat people he's providing cookies to...