Off Topic Playground

Thanks guys! Either is fine, lol!!! xD

As to plans, I will have to talk to my local store owner. Probably a demo or league kind of thing, since we're a playing group of about eight people already. I have been handing out people my email address, when they pop in and watch us play. I roughly explained the game then and offered them to play a round or two with them.

I still have loads of reading to do. So gotta catch up! lol

Hey all, what's kicking?

I've just been sitting in on some casting sessions for a friends short play, tho I now appear (possibly through the magic of whisky) to be the stage manager and possibly acting in it. However that is supposed to work...

Snipers should see paint this weekend, it's just taking a lot of time to get the edges of the base sorted to my satisfaction. And will be working on the scourge corpses then too probably.

Congrats Bleach!

Stage manager? But how will you fit that into your busy project schedule? *wink* Sounds like fun, honestly!

I'm currently working on what I want to do for the Dead of Winter campaign...along with what I can afford to do, lol! And you're doing Scourge corpses? I hope not Scourge infantry...

Thanks guys! Either is fine, lol!!! xD

As to plans, I will have to talk to my local store owner. Probably a demo or league kind of thing, since we're a playing group of about eight people already. I have been handing out people my email address, when they pop in and watch us play. I roughly explained the game then and offered them to play a round or two with them.

I still have loads of reading to do. So gotta catch up! lol

This is the perfect time, get the Winter Campaign going at your store :) Welcome to the ranks... er club... er lounge... er slave trade? Guys, does Justin whip any of you, or is it just me?

Yeah, more worryingly they also trust me to assist with costume changes when needed *grin*

And yep, scourge corpses. They need to be sprawled about, so I've sculpted five rifles for reposing and next have to file off the arms and make new ones. Heh.

It's only a small play so shouldn't kill too much of my hobby time. May well still be able to make shine's achievement league!

Return of the Jedi, blew up the Death Star a few times, then some Yars Revenge all followed up by some polar bear squashing Pengu action.....

Ah, Star Wars... I can't wait to see Darths and Droids reach blowing up the Death Star, LOL.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Yeah, more worryingly they also trust me to assist with costume changes when needed *grin*

And yep, scourge corpses. They need to be sprawled about, so I've sculpted five rifles for reposing and next have to file off the arms and make new ones. Heh.

It's only a small play so shouldn't kill too much of my hobby time. May well still be able to make shine's achievement league!

They're nuts, you're worse. Just in case there was questions, lol. I need to work on my achievement league, think I've got some good ideas for it...thinking of doing the grand prize for it all (ie- most achievements) is going to be a new Ten Thunder starter of the winner's choice.

Yeah, that's a pretty sweet prize there!

I just like that not being some ruthless tournament player doesnt automatically put me dead last in these things. Ooh, in fact since I have a limited selection of painted crews, I maybe should paint up the night terrors for it...

I even found a metallic purple from Reaper. So excited because it means I might be able to pull off my Ten Thunders color scheme! O.O

Ah paychecks... Tournament this Saturday, Alf? Wish I had known sooner, might have been able to get a crew down... Let me know if you're doing one in Feb. or March, I'll see if we can make it!

Gonna do the Winter Campaign, and probably do a Lost Love Tournament on Feb 16th.

Yeah, I'm billing this tournament as a 1 day achievement league using the SoCal Malifaux guy's stuff. I'm hoping I have enough to pick up prize support since I've been waiting a month for my SS code :-\. Luckily there is a store nearby that is getting out of Malifaux, so he's got starter boxes priced low, and I can hopefully pick up some blisters. I also need a wooden spoon, for the official, "Justin T. Gibbs Wooden Spoon of Excellence" award.

Heh, if I ever actually was involved with organising an event, my wooden spoon award would have a black job Vik painted on the spoon head.

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 AM ----------

Is interference paint the stuff that every time you open it, a linebacker comes out of nowhere and tackles you?