Off Topic Playground

Not much. Finished Far Cry 3 over the weekend and started another go of Dungeon Siege 3 to play the DLC I got for that in the sale.

Still working on my swamps tiles and tree scenery. Started painting a Dreadball mini last night. Archery tonight so not much else will get done today.

You?

Ah, so it may not be worth learning the modern one then? Cool, that saves a lot of time! Will have to investigate when I find out when and where I'm coming back to blighty.

I'd quite like to try the Japanese bow too, see what that's like. But they're huge...

I did iaido for a while, I wore the skirt and blouse. It generally caused a lot of laughing until i tucked three foot of steel in my belt. That tended to quiet things down!

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Though I will say, high heels aren't that hard to walk in. I did drama at school many years back and learned that during panto season. Honest, that's the reason!

I did iaido for a while, I wore the skirt and blouse. It generally caused a lot of laughing until i tucked three foot of steel in my belt. That tended to quiet things down!

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Though I will say, high heels aren't that hard to walk in. I did drama at school many years back and learned that during panto season. Honest, that's the reason!

Don't lie Mako, you just wanted to show off your legs :-P

You could always try to convince your employers to let you have President's Day off...

I don't have to- the joys of contracting for the government.

I would love to play in the Skype campaign but I am wary of committing to much of anything right now. I have a lot I want to get done this year (fix up the condo, declutter/clean out unwanted stuff from my place, get back into shape, and of course, all the Kickstarter stuff coming) and I suspect I will be playing less for most, if not all of it.

Magfest was pretty fun but for the most part I didn't get to see my friends as much as I'd have liked. I think I need to leave the miniatures at home next year and just bring stuff like Quarriors, Square Shooters, and Gloom. Was looking to try to make Origins but I don't think I can. Too bad none of you are within a few hours of Nashcon- it's tabletop centric and cheap to get into.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Also put together Izamu last week. Went together like a charm before I spilled my cement all over the place and sent multiple pieces flying in the process. Still missing the arrow shafts in one leg :facepalm: