Off Topic Playground

Oh, he's having a key for definite, the going barrel (cylinder with spring in) will be visible and the key slot will be in the back where the heart would line up. These things are twitchy as heck, so their creator winds them up from behind and makes sure they're aimed the other way!

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

Question is, do I want key and pendulum. It would make them tick menacingly...

Heh cheers!

Yeah, it'll be fiddly, but I'll start with the chest engineering and work outward, that should tell me if I can fit it all without having to try and redesign into a part done chest cavity! The more I think on it, the more I like the pendulum, they look suitably gothic, and from a fluff perspective they'll add something very cool. Physical limitations and a mechanical heartbeat...

thats the real trick isn't it. a monster has to be suitably scary and dangerous,.. but also have a sufficient level of drawbacks, to make them more "real and lovable",.. so to speak.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

you've got to be using a magnifying glass and some superfine .00 brushes for those cranes and such.

Yeah. They can dive on people, but they can't actually sustain downward flight for long without their clockwork jamming. And if they're hiding, you can just hear the soft tick... Tock... Tick... Raaargh. Lol

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

Nope, a size 0 brush, but one with an awesome sharp tip. It's all about the size of your tip *grin*

And squinting. Lots of squinting. Lol

I use rosemary and co, they're British but I seem to remember shipping isn't too bad. They're all handmade, and they're like half the price of Windsor and Newton. Mine last a couple of years, then they get relegated to base coating and I get a new set. Series 22 sizes 0, 1 and 2, and a series 44 half rigger for pinstripes and such

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

But series 33 is more popular I think. They have a different snap and spring, so it's all preference

definitely, not GW,.. those are the worst brushes ever.

never heard of 'em. but I'll have to check them out. it'd be worth the price if they hold up as well as you say. I just get mine from the local art store,.. but they leave a lot to be desired.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

hrmm,.. checking out the site,.. i see a 441 half rigger,.. but only a full rigger in the 44

do they ship to the US? I know a lot of places will ship to canada but not the US

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

i like the chest design. although,.. with the rib cage, I'm wonder about construction. Looking at the image, I got several impressions of what it could be,.. beaten iron, shaped brass,.. even wood (lightweight for the flight potential while still being sturdy enough to contain the gizmos)

just some food for thought.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

anyways,.. off to bed for me again,.. pesky work,.. *mumbles as I toddle off* frica-fraggin-frican,....

Aha, it'll actually be bone! On the basic premise of if it doesnt need taking out of the body, it gets left in. i just cant actually draw the sternum and ribs properly...

And yeah, as far as I know rosemary ships worldwide including the states.

a 10-0? isn't that just one bristle? lol

I prefer to keep with the biggest brushes I can to get enough paint into the brush. It's only the tip that needs to be tiny, so good brushes are usually preferable a size bigger than bad ones in my experience. Still, that's just my preference.

W+N series 7s must be cheaper here then, since they cost noticeably more last time I compared back in England! You lucky people...

Gingerbread shenanigans?

Painting, how I miss thee...oh well, semester is over Friday, I figure I'll break out the paints in celebration on Saturday, lol.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Just saw the gingerbread, great job, Mako and Shine!

Black food colouring is evil. It gets all over your hands and doesn't come off...

Sounds like a plan Ed, what you thinking of painting? I've just done the child's dress, got to do her skin next and attach her to Jaakuna. But that's tomorrows problem I think.