Off Topic Playground

there are sites that an be used that roll dice or flip cards online , also if you have a trust worthy group everyone can just use there own decks .

And conference chat in skype would work fine .

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

random mechanic : flip to a name in the phone book and have them pick a number fron 1-100

Well, it's been a meandering few hours conversation on an OTT Malifaux campaign, and potential methods to do it. A couple websites, skype, etc.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

What do people want to see for stuff, anyway? In terms of what kind of campaign are you looking for. Heavy roleplay, heavy combat, balanced, mysteries, dungeon crawling...that kind of stuff.

Hey Ed, do you think I should reveal the truth about the monks in the first bit with Cerah, or should I save it for the second half? I think it will be more dramatic later on, but I'm not sure how well that early section will be finished off if I can't give it away...

Personally, I'm a big fan of conspiracies...as you can probably tell from my stuff, lol. However, I will admit that you need to do something with that section with Cerah... By the by, have you told me what that secret is? O.o Cause I don't remember one, lol. I would say, for now, the question is what do you gain by not putting it in that place? Dramatic reveal, yes, but is there a reason for the plot itself that it would work better later?

Well, it's a secret they keep from everyone else, so it would only come out publicly later. And no, there's not been a reveal yet although there was a clue earlier on. A very vague one.

I think I can see how to do it, I might have a go with that once I finish the latest scene with Brosen, which sets him up for some more stuff and some interactions between groups of people. And for him to show his reasonable and intelligent side in the face of people being idiots.

It's just going to mean careful writing of that third section with Cerah. Malin can reveal the secret later maybe, it'll suit his feud with the monks.

That might be a good way to do it, using Malin, I mean. Secrets aren't bad things to have, it gives your inquisitive readers something to ferret out, which is always good. At this point, I think any expansion on the monks would be good, so far they've been only in that first part, and then you jump into the Five and the Brotherhood, and it leaves the monks in this confusing spot of 'well....here we are...' lol.

Yeah, there's a whole section to add where they get Jared to the temple, and Cerah recovers and scampers off into the desert to do her job again. Probably two sections. I just wasn't sure how it was going to work, but I think I can have them teaching him to control himself and the shard wound to lessen its effects. So they take in those with shard injuries and look after them a bit. And make more of Cerah being totally uninterested in the boy lol

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Ugh, I feel rubbish, I can't sleep, and Sophie's behaving like she's got sleeping sickness. It could be a tough week!