Off Topic Playground

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Prince William and Kate Middleton (okay, I understand that she's not noble... but I can't help but giggle that they ALWAYS use her last name in the US Media... Like they're trying to prove a point) are newly weds today!!!!

*looks around thread* hmmm too early... or late... *shrugs, drinks some coffee*

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Prince William and Kate Middleton (okay, I understand that she's not noble... but I can't help but giggle that they ALWAYS use her last name in the US Media... Like they're trying to prove a point) are newly weds today!!!!

*looks around thread* hmmm too early... or late... *shrugs, drinks some coffee*

lol Yes, all the radio stations are doing nothing but talking about it heh, Congrats to them and good luck.

*Jumps onto your shoulder with a cup of Coffee* Morning Fell and welcome to the thread this morning! Biscuit? *offers you a Biscuit*

yay spray paint... :D

I use my left thumb as a pallet on which to wipe excess paint (especially for faces and stuff...) but I also have red ink on my right hand (no idea how) and it looks like I cut myself :)

lol nice =D

I actually use a paper towel when I want to get excess paint off, I find its absorbative qualities make it useful for getting the excess off.

The kids are going to think you go off at knight and murder Carebears XD

mmmm Blackberry jam on toast. *gnaws*

i have blackberry jelly on a sandwich...

I use a paper towel or newspaper when I'm dry brushing or making my own inks, but when I need a fine point on my brush and I want to control exactally how much stays on the brush... I use my thumb... and last night I only used my thumb NAIL... so it's not that bad... :)

i have blackberry jelly on a sandwich...

I use a paper towel or newspaper when I'm dry brushing or making my own inks, but when I need a fine point on my brush and I want to control exactally how much stays on the brush... I use my thumb... and last night I only used my thumb NAIL... so it's not that bad... :)

On a Sanwhich? Ohhh what kind of sandwhich?

Also, isn't Blackberry jam/jelly awesome? XD

Ahhh I see what you mean. I keep a little plastic dish for that kind of stuff (generally made from the remains of blister packs). I really need to replace my brushes, they are getting really worn down heh, some are rather old. Just waiting for the LGS to get the GW fine detail back in stock lol.

It's a PB&J sandwich :D

I go to AC Moore and buy the $10 pack of brushes... There are a couple of big brushes I wont use for minis, but they come with a range of brushes that suit my painting needs... and because I do a lot of commision work, it makes more sense (to me anyway) to replace the pack every 4-16 weeks (depending on how busy I am) for a total of $10 than to replace single brushes at that price... *shrugs*

It's a PB&J sandwich :D

I go to AC Moore and buy the $10 pack of brushes... There are a couple of big brushes I wont use for minis, but they come with a range of brushes that suit my painting needs... and because I do a lot of commision work, it makes more sense (to me anyway) to replace the pack every 4-16 weeks (depending on how busy I am) for a total of $10 than to replace single brushes at that price... *shrugs*

Ohh nice! Peanut Butter + Black Berry Jam = Win =D

Makes sense to me, if they work well for you why pay for the expensive brand =D. I use cheap brushes for the most part but I like to have a good fine detail brush because I really love edging work on armor etc and those GW Fine Detail ones for it do the trick. But yeah it sucks to pay that much for 1 brush ><

I've actually got a cheap set of paint pens I want to try out soon. I've got 2 oil based ones that work well for terrain/writing on bases etc but the others are Acrylic ones I want to try for doing this like freehand symbols etc. I used a set a while ago on some of my Cryx models to do the bone dragon symbol on them, worked out rather nicely if you can get a set with the fine tip which is the hard part :/

I would love to get some paint pens... just to try them... but I don't really know what I'd use them for... I wouldn't want to use them on faces... the brush would make the features softer... plus I'm pretty good at eyes :) I can't really free hand, otherwise Criid would have a Ram on her back like a biker chick ;) I (usually) have a pretty steady hand, so trim work isn't too hard... *shrugs* they'd be fun to mess around with, but I don't think I'd use them full time...

I would love to get some paint pens... just to try them... but I don't really know what I'd use them for... I wouldn't want to use them on faces... the brush would make the features softer... plus I'm pretty good at eyes :) I can't really free hand, otherwise Criid would have a Ram on her back like a biker chick ;) I (usually) have a pretty steady hand, so trim work isn't too hard... *shrugs* they'd be fun to mess around with, but I don't think I'd use them full time...

Yeah thats the thing with them, I don't use them to much on Mal figures :/ (and they are more expensive them regular paint by far). They are great for doing symbols on clothing/armor etc but totally not for faces etc. I suppose if you have a fine enough ones, they would be great for eyes possibly, but thats about it.

I've found them really helpful for rivets on machines since some times those are a pain with a brush. Or doing something like freehand runes on swords/weapons etc. But otherwise... yeah brush > pen XD

I've found them really helpful for rivets on machines since some times those are a pain with a brush. Or doing something like freehand runes on swords/weapons etc. But otherwise... yeah brush > pen XD

I may have to pick up a couple for Criid's crew... like a green, a purple, and a (mithral) silver or maybe a brass or bronze.... *strokes chin thoughtfully*

I may have to pick up a couple for Criid's crew... like a green, a purple, and a (mithral) silver or maybe a brass or bronze.... *strokes chin thoughtfully*

If your fine with Oil Based, then the Sharpie Paint Markers/pens work well for that and the extra fine points on those are really good for that. They also have a Water Based one I think.

DecoColor makes great ones but sadly they are only Chisel markers that I've been able to find which are not fine by any means :/

If your fine with Oil Based, then the Sharpie Paint Markers/pens work well for that and the extra fine points on those are really good for that. They also have a Water Based one I think.

DecoColor makes great ones but sadly they are only Chisel markers that I've been able to find which are not fine by any means :/

I use a regular sharpie sometimes... fine tip one... I started off painting Harlequin (40k)... so I would draw in the harlequin patterns and then paint them... I used it on Papa Loco's pants (just to have the lines) and I used it to detail Rusty Alice's skirt... on two different models... :)

I use a regular sharpie sometimes... fine tip one... I started off painting Harlequin (40k)... so I would draw in the harlequin patterns and then paint them... I used it on Papa Loco's pants (just to have the lines) and I used it to detail Rusty Alice's skirt... on two different models... :)

Cool =)

Its amazing how helpful it is just sketching out something on a model before you paint it heh.

Oh so you've painted 2 Alyces? I haven't even painted my one yet >.>

Mmmm second cup of coffee *sips it from Fells shoulder*

Oh so you've painted 2 Alyces? I haven't even painted my one yet >.>

I paineted one with the Levi crew (standard colors) and I painted one to look like a Slytherin (the guy who owns that is older and has a hard time with detail... I paint a lot of his stuff... I even get to paint his Coryphee!!! *squeee*)

I'm very well thanks, yourself?

Unfortunately this is a flying visit as off on a day Trip because of our extra day off courtesy of the wedding.

Also, thanks for the sandwich. Delicious!

Oh you get a day off for the Royal Wedding? Excellent XD

It was interesting last night, there were a whole bunch of articles out that the fury of net activity generated by the royal wedding had the potential to bring down sections of the internet. We saw this happen during the World Cup for Soccer, but thankfully the timing appears to have worked out and the interweb lives on!

I paineted one with the Levi crew (standard colors) and I painted one to look like a Slytherin (the guy who owns that is older and has a hard time with detail... I paint a lot of his stuff... I even get to paint his Coryphee!!! *squeee*)

*nearly falls off your shoulder at the squee, pulls himself back up by his tail*

Cool =) Glad your excited about it heh, I wish I could be half as excited about painting XD I probably would be if I just did it more heh.

Like a Slytherin, like from Harry Potter? Thats a neat idea actually. I've not even begun to think how I will do mine lol. Probably just standard colors for the crew.

Oh Sinus infections.. .fun stuff >< Used to get them every time I had a bad cold when I was younger. Some of the meds they have for that can really throw you for a loop =D