Neverborn Fluff

Barby007

Hey everyone! So in being new to Malifaux and Neverborn, I was wondering if I could get some fluff information on here. Unfortunately, my LGS has the books wrapped so you can't page through them and I don't feel like spending $75 just to read a few pages.

- Basically either write up the whole store (which wouldn't be fair) or just give me a summary on who they are, where they come from, what's happened to them, the different figs information, etc.

- I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Barby :girl:

The Neverborn are.... the native "species" of Malifaux. It is indicated that Pandora, Lilith, and Zoraida are sisters in the first book. Their goal is to wipe out the people wo have moved into Malifaux from Earth (through the Breach). Perdita (of the Guild) is their sworn Enemy, and she and her Family are in charge of exterminating them. They are highly magical, though they will fight in any way they can. Some assume human forms (Pandora) while others retain their true mien (LCB, Lelu, Lilitu, Nekima, etc). Some are mimics (doppleganger) who change form at will. They are basically the worst things to come out of the human imagination.

my LGS has the books wrapped so you can't page through them and I don't feel like spending $75 just to read a few pages.

Are the books paired together in the wrapping? That's the only reason they should be that expensive.... I think the books are $35 and $40 a piece. The books are totally worth picking up, both for Fluff and for other information that may be glossed over in the RM. (This is not likely, because Wyrd is pretty good about including everything you need). But the Fluff makes up most of both books. The second book only has one chunk that is rules, and it's about 20 pages, if that. The rest is all story. The first book has a little more "rules" and a little less Fluff, but still totally worth it.

Why don't I just say totally worth it again :D

but seriously, it's a good read, if you enjoy the genre.

The Neverborn are.... the native "species" of Malifaux. It is indicated that Pandora, Lilith, and Zoraida are sisters in the first book. Their goal is to wipe out the people wo have moved into Malifaux from Earth (through the Breach). Perdita (of the Guild) is their sworn Enemy, and she and her Family are in charge of exterminating them. They are highly magical, though they will fight in any way they can. Some assume human forms (Pandora) while others retain their true mien (LCB, Lelu, Lilitu, Nekima, etc). Some are mimics (doppleganger) who change form at will. They are basically the worst things to come out of the human imagination.

- WOW! So we are trying to get rid of everyone else who came into our land. Nice! We're kinda good guys. Just defending our territory.

- Zoraida looks nothing like Lilith and Pandora. At least those 2 have similarities.

- It's interesting how all the models in Neverborn look different except for most of the casters.

- So why are some of the models all "broken" "dead like", etc, while others are very human like?

- Why do stuffed animals come to life and babies can kill?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks!

Barby

Edited by Barby007
Spelling errors

- WOW! So we are trying to get rid of everyone else who came into our land. Nice! We're kinds good guys. Just defending our territory.

- Zoraida looks nothing like Lilith and Pandora. At least those have similarities.

- It's interesting how all the models in Neverborn look different except for most of the casters,

- So why are some of the models all "broken" "dead like", etc, while others are very human like?

- Why so stuffed animals come to life and babies can kill?

Barby

Many of the Neverborn are described as almost being formless. They take on the form that will scare humans the most (like Teddy) and others are strange entities like the Woes. All the Woe models are the manifestation of a Woe released from Pandora's box. So...

• Kade: Woe of Innocence Lost
  • Candy: Woe of Innocence Corrupted
  • Sorrows: Make up the numerous minor woes.
  • Insideous Madness: Woe of Madness probably? Or insanity
  • Lelu: Woe of Self-Depreciation
  • Lilitu: Woe of Forbidden Delight

So some of the other Neverborn like the Waldgeists are natural beings of hte land. The Waldgeists are a native life form just like the Nephilim (who seem to be the only Neverborn who have a constant form) and Silurid.

- WOW! So we are trying to get rid of everyone else who came into our land. Nice! We're kinda good guys. Just defending our territory.

- Zoraida looks nothing like Lilith and Pandora. At least those have similarities.

- It's interesting how all the models in Neverborn look different except for most of the casters,

Barby

They explain that they are supposed to be like the worst nightmares of the new inhabitants of Malifaux. So it's scary when Kids got a Knife. The ones whol look more human use this trait to move among the people and sow fear and dicord (see Dreamer and LCB). It keeps the people living in the City on their toes, not knowing who might turn out to be a Neverborn.

I think they all look different because of the fears we have as humans. Children are afaid of Bad Dreams, Adults fear children actiong oddly, We're all afraid of the hooved things that fly on black wings. Zoraida is arguably the least antagonistic of the Neverborn. She uses fate and guile to wreck havoc on the unsuspecting (Obey, etc). Many people go to her to have their fortunes told. Most don't like what they hear. She is more of a Shadow "bad guy" directing form the outskirts. She is also the eldest of the "sisters". You'll notice that she has Hooves... and most of Lilith's crew has Hooves....

Many of the Neverborn are described as almost being formless. They take on the form that will scare humans the most (like Teddy) and others are strange entities like the Woes. All the Woe models are the manifestation of a Woe released from Pandora's box. So...

• Kade: Woe of Innocence Lost
  • Candy: Woe of Innocence Corrupted
  • Sorrows: Make up the numerous minor woes.
  • Insideous Madness: Woe of Madness probably? Or insanity
  • Lelu: Woe of Self-Depreciation
  • Lilitu: Woe of Forbidden Delight

So some of the other Neverborn like the Waldgeists are natural beings of hte land. The Waldgeists are a native life form just like the Nephilim (who seem to be the only Neverborn who have a constant form) and Silurid.

- Oooooooo. Wow that's neat! I didn't put those together. Very thought out idea.

- Why are people trying to take over Neverborn land in the first place? Why not go else where? Any treasure or riches their after?

- Who were the "first" Neverborn people?

Barby

Barby

Well, Zoraida, Lilith and Pandora are seen as the three stages of a woman's life (the maiden, the mother and the Crone). It is based in mythology, as is a lot of Wyrd fluff.

I guess a lot of the minions are based on horror stories, or legends of our childhood, so as kids we were often scared of the Bogeyman for example. You could say Lord chompy bits is this fear made real.

I don't know if there is a real reason why stuffed animals can come to life and kill, I guess its just human fears made manifest? Others will explain this better!! Some kids are freaked out by teddies so it makes sense from that to have a ten foot high killer one!

I would suggest getting the books if you can at some point as the fluff is what makes the game that much better!

EDIT: DARNITT KARN!!! Ninja'd again! And Fell too! I shall give up and go home. At least Barby got the answers she wanted lol!

I thought they had the meeting in the book to discuss the hunting of the tyrants whom I believe was thier enemies before the breach even opened...more so than the humans...its just the humans allow the tyrants a form to take aka hamlin & rasputina... Want the meeting at the end discussing december goin down

SoulStones are the reason for the Human invasion. They help fuel the magic back on earth.

There are links to some .pdfs on the left side of the screen "Chronicles Volume 1, 2, 3" which are the starts of the fluff in the first book. Talk about the reason for the human incursion. Chronicles also has painting tutorials and other information (models, Wyrd guys, etc).

They explain that they are supposed to be like the worst nightmares of the new inhabitants of Malifaux. So it's scary when Kids got a Knife. The ones whol look more human use this trait to move among the people and sow fear and dicord (see Dreamer and LCB). It keeps the people living in the City on their toes, not knowing who might turn out to be a Neverborn.

I think they all look different because of the fears we have as humans. Children are afaid of Bad Dreams, Adults fear children actiong oddly, We're all afraid of the hooved things that fly on black wings. Zoraida is arguably the least antagonistic of the Neverborn. She uses fate and guile to wreck havoc on the unsuspecting (Obey, etc). Many people go to her to have their fortunes told. Most don't like what they hear. She is more of a Shadow "bad guy" directing form the outskirts. She is also the eldest of the "sisters". You'll notice that she has Hooves... and most of Lilith's crew has Hooves....

- Wow! The fears concept is very interesting and well thoughtout.

- I could tell Zoraida is old. She's just so different from the sisters. By her being a fortune teller that just makes her the average tarot reader here. Of course, not everyone likes what they hear because everyone wants to hear that everything will go their way which normally doesn't.

Barby

Well, Zoraida, Lilith and Pandora are seen as the three stages of a woman's life (the maiden, the mother and the Crone). It is based in mythology, as is a lot of Wyrd fluff.

I guess a lot of the minions are based on horror stories, or legends of our childhood, so as kids we were often scared of the Bogeyman for example. You could say Lord chompy bits is this fear made real.

I don't know if there is a real reason why stuffed animals can come to life and kill, I guess its just human fears made manifest? Others will explain this better!! Some kids are freaked out by teddies so it makes sense from that to have a ten foot high killer one!

I would suggest getting the books if you can at some point as the fluff is what makes the game that much better!

EDIT: DARNITT KARN!!! Ninja'd again! And Fell too! I shall give up and go home. At least Barby got the answers she wanted lol!

- The idea of the 3 stages of a woman's life is awesome. Of course, I didn't notice that either. lol!

- LOL and sorry about the "EDIT" at the end, absolution black. Sorry for getting you in trouble Karn LOL.

Barby

- The idea of the 3 stages of a woman's life is awesome. Of course, I didn't notice that either. lol!

- LOL and sorry about the "EDIT" at the end, absolution black. Sorry for getting you in trouble Karn LOL.

Barby

I'm not sure where that idea comes from, it might be pagan or celtic or from several different 'religions'.

And don't worry about Karn, he ninja's me all the time. I think he enjoys it. ;)

SoulStones are the reason for the Human invasion. They help fuel the magic back on earth.

There are links to some .pdfs on the left side of the screen "Chronicles Volume 1, 2, 3" which are the starts of the fluff in the first book. Talk about the reason for the human incursion. Chronicles also has painting tutorials and other information (models, Wyrd guys, etc).

- Makes sense for them to be after magic power.

- Oh great! I had looked over the Chronicles but haven't read them yet. I'm waiting to get some ink to get them all printed out so I can read them on my off time. :cheers:

Thanks for the info. :cheer2:

Barby

Aw, Egg Head... :( Don't go home :( We miss you when you roll away :D

Yeah, and its an absolute pain to roll back once momentum kicks in, though strangely due to my shape I tend to just go around in circles! ;)

I don't mind being ninja'd by you 'Fell, you're a guildster. Its them Neverborners that get my hackles up! ;)

Yeah, and its an absolute pain to roll back once momentum kicks in, though strangely due to my shape I tend to just go around in circles! ;)

I don't mind being ninja'd by you 'Fell, you're a guildster. Its them Neverborners that get my hackles up! ;)

Circles are good... means you always come back ;)

I don't get many "Ninja"-s in... and I do try so hard... Ratty and Karn Ninja everyone though... :D;)

*ruffles your hackles* =D

Would anyone else like to add to the fluff please? :listen: I know you guys are having a blast on my forum and I don't want to ruin it at all but I would like Neverborn fluff... pppllleeeaassee :hello:. Thanks to all of you that have helped me out with the fluff so far. More more more!! :bitchslap

Thanks,

Barby