Dooom!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shenanigans - This word is self describing to me... every time I hear it I get about half a dozen quotes in my mind and it always gives me a grin.

Hey Farva, what's that place you like to eat at, with all the goofy shit on the walls?

Shenanigans? You're talking about Shenanigans, right?

*hold out pistol* Ohhhh

;)

If your friend list is anything to go by, 5 of us!

And though its good to be called nice, its not helping my manly reputation around here! ;)

The word Manly:

INARA: What did I say to you about barging into my shuttle?

MAL: That it was Manly and impulsive?

INARA: Yes, precisely. Only the exact phrase I used was “don’t”.

And what did you want me to say, egg head, that you're a jerk? ;):D

And what did you want me to say, egg head, that you're a jerk? ;):D

Well, you are in charge! Me, I'm just a lackey, you're a Guild Princess (doesn't sound right. I'd suggest Mistress but that sounds a lot more ropey!) ;)

Ooooh 666 posts! I'm a beast! Now, where's Marcus? ;)

Edited by Absolution Black

See... to me, Mistress sounds like you're talking to Criid.... Totally not my style....

Lady could work though ;):D

Ok, from now on I will address you as Lady, M'lady!

And back on topic, I like the word 'christmas' though I find it difficult to use in everyday conversations. People get fed up after a while.

I really DONT like the word Welcome... it's that thing that happens when you say the "l" and the "c" together.... It's just weird... But when you say it in German it's not so bad... it's wyrd... It's totally my least favorite word.

Superfluous is a great word in meaning as well as sound... as is Tawdry... :D

Does anyone actually know why its called a codpiece?

Or a corset for that matter?

Unless it was part of a conversation:

"that's a lovely piece of clothing. Makes her look sexy"

"corset does!"

;)

The word corset is derived from the Old French word corps, the diminutive of body, which itself derives from corpus - Latin for body. The craft of corset construction is known as corsetry, as is the general wearing of them. (The word corsetry is sometimes also used as a collective plural form of corset.) Someone who makes corsets is a corsetier or corsetière (French terms for a man and for a woman, respectively), or sometimes simply a corsetmaker.

The word corset came into general use in the English language in 1785. The word was used in The Ladies Magazine to describe a "quilted waistcoat" called un corset by the French. The word was used to differentiate the lighter corset from the heavier stays of the period.

A codpiece (from Middle English: cod, meaning "scrotum") is a covering flap or pouch that attaches to the front of the crotch of men's trousers and usually accentuates the genital area. It was held closed by string ties, buttons, or other methods. It was an important item of European clothing in the 15th and 16th centuries, and is still worn in the modern era in performance costumes for rock music and metal musicians and in the leather subculture.

Thank you Wikipedia :D

The word corset is derived from the Old French word corps, the diminutive of body, which itself derives from corpus - Latin for body. The craft of corset construction is known as corsetry, as is the general wearing of them. (The word corsetry is sometimes also used as a collective plural form of corset.) Someone who makes corsets is a corsetier or corsetière (French terms for a man and for a woman, respectively), or sometimes simply a corsetmaker.

The word corset came into general use in the English language in 1785. The word was used in The Ladies Magazine to describe a "quilted waistcoat" called un corset by the French. The word was used to differentiate the lighter corset from the heavier stays of the period.

A codpiece (from Middle English: cod, meaning "scrotum") is a covering flap or pouch that attaches to the front of the crotch of men's trousers and usually accentuates the genital area. It was held closed by string ties, buttons, or other methods. It was an important item of European clothing in the 15th and 16th centuries, and is still worn in the modern era in performance costumes for rock music and metal musicians and in the leather subculture.

Thank you Wikipedia :D

Fell... that just makes to much sense, it must be Wikipedia shenanigans ;D

An back on the subject of Violent Eye-rolling.... I usually prefer the dramatic eye-brow pop for my exaggerated action =D. It requires perfect timing between tilting your head back slightly and popping your eye-brow hard and fast.

An back on the subject of Violent Eye-rolling.... I usually prefer the dramatic eye-brow pop for my exaggerated action =D. It requires perfect timing between tilting your head back slightly and popping your eye-brow hard and fast.

I don't do eye-rolling. If I try I just topple over. Its not easy being egg shaped you know.

In fact, its eggshausting!