Lilu & Lilitu

snakeking

Thinking about running them tonight with the Dreamer.

Replace Coppelius or replace Alps? Could drop Copp and 1 alp to cover the cost or all 4 alps and a Daydream.

Last game was:

Dreamer

4 Alps

Coppelius

2 Daydreams

2 Stitched

Not sure who/what i will be fighting.

You guys think they are worth adding? They appear to hit pretty soundly!

Our local Dreamer players have moved away from playing the Stitched too much once the cards came out and we found out that you couldn't bury them and keep them alive forever. So, most of our guys usually end up trying to run Coppelius, Lilitu, and Lelu, and then fill out the rest with Alps/Daydreams as necessary. Starting with at least 1-2 Alps is really nice so that Coppelius can make more. Plus, in the early round, Coppelius can attack Lelu and cheat in the right cards in order to gain Eye Counters and then a new Alp. Then Lelu heals at the end of the round thanks to some help from Lilitu. ;)

Our local Dreamer players have moved away from playing the Stitched too much once the cards came out and we found out that you couldn't bury them and keep them alive forever. So, most of our guys usually end up trying to run Coppelius, Lilitu, and Lelu, and then fill out the rest with Alps/Daydreams as necessary. Starting with at least 1-2 Alps is really nice so that Coppelius can make more. Plus, in the early round, Coppelius can attack Lelu and cheat in the right cards in order to gain Eye Counters and then a new Alp. Then Lelu heals at the end of the round thanks to some help from Lilitu. ;)

Thats a great idea. I usually have some trouble getting eyes for Coppelius. Mostly my own fault because i tend to end up fighting masters with him. With only a handful of games under my belt with him I am hoping i fix that mistake :)

Did they rule that poison just has to hit not damage so he would be stuck with poison doing that?

Replace Coppelius or replace Alps? Could drop Copp and 1 alp to cover the cost or all 4 alps and a Daydream.

Last game was:

Dreamer

4 Alps

Coppelius

2 Daydreams

2 Stitched

Well the Twins are extremely effective models when used correctly ( you need to understand all their nuances and how their synergy best works for you). I would actually drop 3 Alps and a Stitched Together for them.

My reasoning is 1 Alp can still be effective and Coppelius can easily generate more of them. So it's easy to just add more and build up enough for a bomb or interject that 1 Alp where you need it.

As for the Stitched, I think 2 is an overkill in general. 1 Does a good job of being a big speed bump and generating some protective cover for your models when they have to be on the table.

So that is what I would do at least. I find 2 Stitched to not be as effective as you might think *shrugs*. But I would NOT drop bellow 2 daydreams or drop Coppelius. You really want/need those 2 Daydreams and Coppelius is a fantastic model between his damage output and his Paralyze.

If you want to dive deeper into this, check out my Dreamer Tactica in my Signature. Note that it is a tad out of date for the Rules Manual and V2 cards so this is pre-update to Stitched Together's card coming out and you no longer being able to bury them once Does Not Die! kicks in.

Though on the note of using Coppelius and Lelu to generate more Alps... come on now you don't need to do that. It's just like the Blood Counter abuse, you don't need to do it to win my any means so don't sink to that level. If you feel you must use it, just don't do it much.

Edited by karn987

I'm still a huge fan of the Stitched Together, even with it not being able to be buried. It controls my opponent's hand, replenishes mine, and does lots of damage with the occasional blocking LOS. I use them with any masters at this point. I think they're the best Nightmare option available. They have a good blend of control and heavy-hitter. Gambler and Gamble Your Life are just fantastic abilities, and being able to use them again after you die? Just gravy.

Plus, they're the best bodyguard for the Dreamer since they'll stay around the entire turn after they die keeping the Dreamer very hard to target.

Last game was:

Dreamer

4 Alps

Coppelius

2 Daydreams

2 Stitched

The twins are definitely worth adding. Their healing keeps them around quite a bit. Lilitu's control with Lure is fantastic and something that Neverborn really benefits from, and Lelu hits like a ton of bricks.

My advice would be to drop one Stitched and two Alps for them, I think. Though I always have a hard time cutting a Stitched. The other way I'd go would be dropping all four Alps, but that puts your crew at a low model count. Personally, I would not go below 2 Daydreams, but that's just my play preference. I know others like to start with one and use their pool of stones to summon a second one in the game.

I'm still a huge fan of the Stitched Together, even with it not being able to be buried. It controls my opponent's hand, replenishes mine, and does lots of damage with the occasional blocking LOS. I use them with any masters at this point. I think they're the best Nightmare option available. They have a good blend of control and heavy-hitter. Gambler and Gamble Your Life are just fantastic abilities, and being able to use them again after you die? Just gravy.

Plus, they're the best bodyguard for the Dreamer since they'll stay around the entire turn after they die keeping the Dreamer very hard to target.

I've actually given up bodyguarding him in most of my games now heh. Usually I rely on hiding and clever use of terrain to keep him safe and only bother with a Bodyguard when I really have no way to hide. But you are spot on, when you need to guard him the Stitched are the best we've got =D especially because they are a great deterrent to. If you kill it and it's close to you, well you can bet on it's new Activation it is going to try and take a chunk out of your ass for daring to harm it's delicate features. Considering it's potential damage output, I find a lot of players think twice ^^

I've actually given up bodyguarding him in most of my games now heh. Usually I rely on hiding and clever use of terrain to keep him safe and only bother with a Bodyguard when I really have no way to hide. But you are spot on, when you need to guard him the Stitched are the best we've got =D especially because they are a great deterrent to. If you kill it and it's close to you, well you can bet on it's new Activation it is going to try and take a chunk out of your ass for daring to harm it's delicate features. Considering it's potential damage output, I find a lot of players think twice ^^

My style with the Dreamer often has him up in the middle of my opponent's crew surrounded by opposing minions, so having a bodyguard tends to be pretty useful around then. :) But good call on holding him back and just ignoring the bodyguard issue. If you can keep yourself hidden, all the better.

Thing is, even without them acting as bodyguards, I still think they're well worth their points.

My style with the Dreamer often has him up in the middle of my opponent's crew surrounded by opposing minions, so having a bodyguard tends to be pretty useful around then. :) But good call on holding him back and just ignoring the bodyguard issue. If you can keep yourself hidden, all the better.

Thing is, even without them acting as bodyguards, I still think they're well worth their points.

Oh most definitely. I try to always run 1 with the Dreamer for this reason. If I spy an enemy model with a moderate Wp I will also just toss the Stitched up at them and see what sort of horrible things I can do with them. =)

I've sort of become an Ambush predator with the Dreamer lately. I'm noticing how effective some added patience with him can really be especially if you have great harrasment models like Madness and the Twins. I lurk around the edge of the fight, dropping Nightmares in at key locations and then burying them again so their is limited retaliation against them. LCB is sort of my trump card, he appears to kill something and then vanishes in a mist of gore (half the time that gore being the enemy Master). Or my favorite thing is to hunt down pesky flanking models with him. Many is the times he has caught a Corphyee Duet or a Silurid trying to get to an objective or flank me.

Oh most definitely. I try to always run 1 with the Dreamer for this reason. If I spy an enemy model with a moderate Wp I will also just toss the Stitched up at them and see what sort of horrible things I can do with them. =)

I've sort of become an Ambush predator with the Dreamer lately. I'm noticing how effective some added patience with him can really be especially if you have great harrasment models like Madness and the Twins. I lurk around the edge of the fight, dropping Nightmares in at key locations and then burying them again so their is limited retaliation against them. LCB is sort of my trump card, he appears to kill something and then vanishes in a mist of gore (half the time that gore being the enemy Master). Or my favorite thing is to hunt down pesky flanking models with him. Many is the times he has caught a Corphyee Duet or a Silurid trying to get to an objective or flank me.

Hunting Stitched are pretty fun, I agree. Hit my opponent's hand and replenish mine, then start tackling the Gamble Your Life's. They can usually take down some beefy models as long as the WP is right. Hitting for 6 damage in a turn bypassing a lot of typical defenses is great.

And yeah, I know what you mean about stalking with LCB. That's my usual strategy for the early game - take out the stragglers that I can hit quickly and quietly. I rarely use my normal nightmares for that, instead just bringing LCB in to the mix, killing a model, and then disappearing. But by turn 4 or 5, I'm in a spot where most of what's left are all bunched up together and I have to hit them all at once. That's when Stitched as a bodyguard works really well for me.

Overall, though, I just love playing the Dreamer. He has so many different ways to do things it's just really interesting. Whether he's trying to hit someone hard with a huge army, or nibble around the edges. Whether he's going massive melee or terrifying as all get out. He's got so many options that you be quite flexible in how you play him.

Though on the note of using Coppelius and Lelu to generate more Alps... come on now you don't need to do that. It's just like the Blood Counter abuse, you don't need to do it to win my any means so don't sink to that level. If you feel you must use it, just don't do it much.

LOL, but Lelu LIKES it!

I know what you mean though. I've actually never run the Dreamer myself. My crew is still only primed, and has lots of stuff in queue ahead of him (Hoffman!!!). But our other local Dreamer player was trying out that tactic the last time I played him a couple months ago.

I certainly wouldn't do it on a regular basis, or in friendly games. But, in tournament play, if I had the right cards in my hand on turn 1, I'd highly consider it, seeing as how there's almost no disadvantage that comes out of it, thanks to Lelu's Regen and healing from Lilitu.