A different kind of Ramos' Crew

libiss

So, for part of my birthday present I got my friend's old crew (Since he didn't care for it and got a Hamelin Box set). It includes Ramos, Ice Golem, Joss, and the spiders.

Well I like to get some use out of Ramos, so I decided to work on a Ramos crew :thsigns05

Base with 25ss

Ramos

Hunter

Hunter

(Hopefully) Mechanical Rider

-Leaving with 5 ss pool-

Or

Ramos

Hunter

Hunter

Ice Golem/Joss

-Leaving with 4 ss pool-

Any other suggestions out there?

Well, the Hunters cost you 7 points a piece, and while they have some interesting tricks, I'm just not sure that they are worth running instead of the Arachnid Swarms. They have the same Cb. About the only improvement for the Hunter is that it has a ranged attack. IMO, the Spider Swarm's ability to move 8" and still make 2 attacks, with a healing flip and a :+fate on damage....makes them worth the extra 2 points. I could see maybe running 1 Hunter as a support piece. Honestly though, it's obvious that the Hunters are primarily designed to help Hoffman move around.

Joss is a very solid piece with Ramos, especially if you can protect him with Arcing Screen as well (tough to do, but possible). The Ice Golem....eh, I don't really even use him with Rasputina, lol.

Kaeris is definitely a different feel for a Ramos crew. I feel he runs perefectly fine with his original crew. But your looking for a "different ramos." So maybe try a gunsmith for ranged firepower or even the large arachnids. The mechanical rider is cool as well. But I would try to incorporate at least one arachnid swarm. Truth be told I usually never start them as a swarm, I just get 3 arachnids, and depending on my shcemes and strategies, I will swarm together or I will leave them separate. Because some times it may be beneficial to out activate your opponent. Oh I almost forgot, steamborg executioner ftw. He's too good not to bring. :) hope this helped some, or enlightened you alittle.

Well my original idea was the 2 Hunters and Mechanical Rider as the crew. But there are soo many options. Well I guess I should leave some wiggle room depending on the strategy in the encounter.

Also, running very very big thing for a crew doesn't help me (I don't know for other people).

Well my original idea was the 2 Hunters and Mechanical Rider as the crew. But there are soo many options. Well I guess I should leave some wiggle room depending on the strategy in the encounter.

Definitely a good idea! Flexibility is a virtue in this game I think.

I like the idea that you're playing around with, keep us updated as to your progress please.

Definitely a good idea! Flexibility is a virtue in this game I think.

I like the idea that you're playing around with, keep us updated as to your progress please.

Sure thing! Just need to wait for the models or unless my friends allow me to use proxies!