So you're tapped to write and direct the Malifaux movie...

A lot of people are mentioning Lady J. I admit she would make a great heroin. But if your going to go with her, you gotta get Christina Hendricks to play her! There's just no other choice!

Oh... and someone mentioned Penelope Cruz as Perdita. That's awesome! Now I can't decide between wanting Selma Hayek or Penelope Cruz to play her!

Edited by naiatoc

What about a parallel narrative style movie where the same 20-30 minutes are repeated from different characters/pair of characters perspective but with each of the narratives answering questions about the other narratives - with a multi character climax at the end? Harder to script but would give you more scope and some interesting opportunities (like the pandora, lillith, zoraida manipulation fluff at the end of book 1)

What about a parallel narrative style movie where the same 20-30 minutes are repeated from different characters/pair of characters perspective but with each of the narratives answering questions about the other narratives - with a multi character climax at the end? Harder to script but would give you more scope and some interesting opportunities (like the pandora, lillith, zoraida manipulation fluff at the end of book 1)

A Sin City style series of vignettes would be the best option, but the question that created this thread arose when I was asked "if you had to reduce the conflict of the game to just two crews, which two best capture the setting?" And that's really what I'm asking.

(five page script summary snipped) To properly embody Malifaux in just two crews, Ramos is a given, for the steampunk angle, and I'd like to see Pandora as his adversary. Playing up the Neverborns' real goals and a properly done Candy could make them quite chilling, while Ramos' motivations and methods make him a strong, complex antihero.