raspy v pandora question

CrouchingMoose

So I was playing a game with this match up and had a question about how my opponent was using pandy...

If I'm using decembers curse, targeting a linked sorrow, and pandy and all other linked sorrows are caught in the blast, can pandora move the blast damage off of her and to one of the sorrows?

If not this actually makes me want to use the tactic of jack daw with the cheating aura getting in pandoras face and then being raspys cursing post...mabey with a silent one using north wind near her... this would allow you to cheat all day from 17 in away...then not worry about actually hitting or not since you can make jack forfeit on getting hit and then cheat the damage up from outside pandoras aura...plus pandora has to deal with jack who seems like he has a good enough wp to stand his own against her.

Just kinda seems like a great way for raspy to take down pandora with out being walled by the wp checks and the resistance checks.

the first example is what happened...all sorrows and pandora were caught in the blast...each sorrow would receive enough damage to kill it, plus pandora would take medium damage from the spell (hit with severe decembers curse). As damage was being dealt. He move pandoras damage to a sorrow that was going to die from the blast anyway.

Actually it is dramatically simpler then all this...

Martyr:

"When this model is hit by an attack, but before applying the Duel's results, its controller may nominate a friendly Woe in base contact. The Woe is now the target of the attack"

It does not ship the damage off, it ships off the target of the attack to another model (which would include the damage from the attack as well). Since in your example Pandora's Sorrow is the one actually hit, there is nothing she can do any more. The Blast Damage generated from the Blast Markers of the attack are not an attack and do not target so Martyr can do NOTHING to protect her from them.

So the key thing to take away form this is

1) The Blasts placed by an effect do NOT target models under them.

2) Martyr shifts the target of an attack against her to another model (yes this means damage goes with it but it is very important to know that the selected Woe becomes the new TARGET).

This has been a long establish way of getting around Pandora's defenses. If you do not Target her, she can't do anything about it.

Sorrows one weakness with Pandora is that they often serve as a launching point for attacks that generate Blasts. You target the Sorrow and lay the Blast on Pandora and Martyr, Expose Fears, etc can't help her.

Edited by karn987

Sweet. I thought there was something up with that, cause that game pandora didn't take any damage but my big comeback started with a massive damage spike on her and her sorrows, but once the sorrows were gone then I couldn't hit pandora any more.( where jack daw comes to the rescue). Now I feel much better knowing that pandora should have been really injured after that.

thinking back on tihs makes me want to see if I can use rasputina to automatically get her overpower trigger when she's aiming at jack daw so that she can get up to 6 hits in on pandora from decembers curse with out pandora blocking any of it...espically since jack would prevent her from using soul stones to help herself.

targetting Jack 6 times is all well and good, but you'll need 6 cards from your hand (and/or soul stones) to keep him alive as December's curse is magical.

True but I've tested this twice now and have killed pandora after only 3 blasts...since pandora has 8 wd then rasputina can kill her with 2 medium blasts (2 dg) and a severe blast(4 dg). Jack is still required for this because he can stop pandora from doing damage prevention and healing flips with soul stones.

I will say that if you get Kirai, jack daw is a must. But I'm finding a lot of uses for him in most crews. Anytime I need some kind of delivery vehicle or deterrent, he fits in the spot. Only time he hasn't helped is when I need to deal damage to something.

The reason I like him for targetting with the blasts is the same reason I've been told to target my golem or gamin, only he doesn't explode and deal more damage.