Kathie's Miniatures, updated sporadically

The game-cave is moving right along. I just finished taping it off for the first coat of paint!!!!!!! Yayyy!!!! It has been slow going with just 3 of us on it. Me, Nemissary(when chemotherapy leaves him enough strength) and our best buddy Avatard.

I have some pics that I will post when I can get a better size pic up along with larger pics of the Showgirls I just posted.

I agree with the comments above about the skin tone, you do a great job. I love the way you paint the stockings on the showgirls. Using a slightly different shade gives a realistic look without looking painted on. I'm also really impressed by your mechanical Doves, did you use pen to do the cards, the lines are super clean! Great work.

AvatarForm, the skintones used here were not difficult at all. I used Reaper Master Paints. Basecoated with rosey skin shadow then washed with GW Sepia wash to add a slightly different shade to it. Then I came back and highlighted with the same rosey skin shadow, then used rosey skin then rosey skin highlight and a final rosey skin highliht mixed with a tiny amount of white. Very simple recipe, just have to keep paints watered down about 1 part water to 2 parts paint.

• 2 weeks later...
AvatarForm, the skintones used here were not difficult at all. I used Reaper Master Paints. Basecoated with rosey skin shadow then washed with GW Sepia wash to add a slightly different shade to it. Then I came back and highlighted with the same rosey skin shadow, then used rosey skin then rosey skin highlight and a final rosey skin highliht mixed with a tiny amount of white. Very simple recipe, just have to keep paints watered down about 1 part water to 2 parts paint.

I love your work. I use Reaper Master Series paints for skin also.