Newbie questions (sorry)

ghostwalker

I have tried finding the answers to the following couple of questions but my search-fu seems very weak. So im hoping someone could help.

I have noticed a number of spells/trigers etc that require multiple suit cards or multiple cards from the same suit. Now i know that in some cases 1 or more can be provided by the models own stats but in cases where it says the model needs 3 diamonds for instance. How can these be generated?

Would i be right in assuming its by using a soulstone to get the extra card and hopefully generate 3rd one?

The second question very much ties into the the previous in that. When making flips and activating triggers, do you only count suits generated by your own flips or do the ones your opponent flips also count.

Sorry to seem such a newbie and i'm sure the answers are here somewhere but i just cant seem to find them.

I have noticed a number of spells/trigers etc that require multiple suit cards or multiple cards from the same suit. Now i know that in some cases 1 or more can be provided by the models own stats but in cases where it says the model needs 3 diamonds for instance. How can these be generated?

Would i be right in assuming its by using a soulstone to get the extra card and hopefully generate 3rd one?

Needing three suits is pretty rare. Two is much more common. But you have the gist of it regardless.

If you have a suit built into the stat being used, like Ca (Cast), that's the first and it gets added automatically. Then you have a card flip from your Fate Deck (which might be cheated with a card from your hand to replace it). That card has the second suit, added to your first. THEN you may spend a soulstone to flip and add to the total a second card, giving you the potential third suit (and SS cards cannot be cheated with a card from your hand, FYI).

The second question very much ties into the the previous in that. When making flips and activating triggers, do you only count suits generated by your own flips or do the ones your opponent flips also count.

ONLY yours. His cards only affect his outcome and might trigger his own triggers, never yours.

Sorry to seem such a newbie and i'm sure the answers are here somewhere but i just cant seem to find them.

;)

First, don't worry about asking questions of any sort - that's exactly what the forums are for :)

Re your answers, you're correct on number one - if you have a triple suit requirement you're looking at the first on your statistic, the second from your flipped card (which you can typically cheat in) and the last from a soulstone (with some good luck) or some models can give an extra suit (such as Leveticus or Nekima) to a model, which also gives you the 3rd you need.

The second question, only the suits from your own stats and cards count towards your triggers.

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum! :D

wow thanks for the quick replies.

Myself and my fiancee are both new to this game, though i have been drooling over the models since i first saw seamus and baby kade.

Then i met my now fiancee and we both thought we would give this a try and absolutely love the game thus far.

Other models can definitely help in getting triggers off, or making castings a lot easier, but those are still pretty rare in the game. The only trigger I can think of that requires three suits is Colette's and she has the ability to flip an extra card when she flips the soulstone, plus it is one of the nastiest triggers in the game.