Hi there :)

tsmtogo

wanted to say hi and introduce myself. my name is tom and i live in upstate new york. i am a single parent of a 5 year old. lol she keeps me on the run. i work in both law enforcement and also engineering. have been a freelance illustrator and artist for almost 20 years.

i started with mini's back when 40k was just starting. i use to love to painting them. got out of it for a long time and i have friends that still play the mini games. i was looking through and came across this mini line and i love it. i have been reading about it and like every thing i see. i just have to take the hour drive up to the city to buy the rule book. unfortunately there isn't any one close by that i know of that plays this game. so i will have to slowly convert my friends over to playing it :).i just ordered the vallejo model color , and reaper master series lines and should get them this friday. i figured that would be a good start. just need to figure out where to start with the game. i want to pick up a few different factions and rule book so i can start to get my friends into trying game out. i just have no clue where to start. lol i already know i will end up buying the whole line eventually. hard not to with how incredible the sculpts are. i already see i might lean a lil toward neverborn. i have a few concepts i want to try on teddy already lol. well i'll stop here before i write you chapter two of my introduction lol. can't wait to meet and chat with you all and hopefully show some of my painted stuff. have a great day :).

take care :)

tom

Welcome tsmtogo!

Take your time to have a look around as there's always someone willing to answer any questions you might have. My advice would be to pick up a couple of crew boxes younlike the look of, a couple of fate decks and the rules manual. After you get the basics down you'll want to buy them all and understanding how it all works might sway you to a particular crew.

Have fun and I look forward to seeing some of your work!

Andy.

Welcome to the forums. considering Neverborn? Hmmm, not sure I like that.

Ok boys, sing along now....

GUILD, GUILD, GUILD, GUILD

But hey, its a free country (so I've heard) so don't let me sway you!

Besides, If I look on the bright side, more Neverborners means a bigger payday. ;)

Hello there!! What a wonderful introduction!

Let me introduce myself. I'm Hayzel, and i am the Neverborn Princess. :) If you were looking into getting different Factions I would seriously consider the Neverborns if you are already leaning towards them. We are fast, exciting and dangerous!! :D

Eturns is right, the dreamer is a nice place to start, I am going to do a crew of just the dreamer and the rest teddys... *giggles* wouldnt that be fun!

Oh, look at me going on! Here take a sweetie! *offers the bag* And dont listen to the crazy man Absolution Black, hes a "friendly" enemy!

Hope to speak to you soon!

xxXp.pXxx

Ok boys, sing along now....

I just envisioned a full welsh miners choir singing that....

Hey Tom,

I pretty much started with rogue trooper/2nd ed 40k and had something like a ten year break too! Come a long way since then, and this game is fantastic as a game for you to be getting back into too!

The models are amazing to paint, and it sounds like you've gone for some of the nicest paints out there.

Start with something that just appeals to you, just look at the boxes and something will slap you accross the face and speak to you. Hopefully not literally ;)

I picked my first crew (Pandora) before reading the rules, or even visiting here, something just appealed with her and the rest of her models.

Looking forward to seeing your painted stuff mate, good luck!

James.