crew choices for tournaments

funky_love_bear

I have a Malifaux tournament coming up on the 8th of may and I am planning to use the Victorias.

How do you guys decide on your lists, have a few different options that you have played with or just make it up when you see the opponents master?

For example if your opponent is using pandora you pick a list that you know works or just go I`ll have Von Schill (+4wp) Misaki (wp7) so on and so forth.

I am used to Warmahords games so making a list as the game starts seems quite novel.

Take the core of a list you are comfortable using.

For example, have a core 20/25SS you know like the back of your hand, then make the rest up dependant on the situation.

The other alternative is as you said, make 3/4 lists, for different situations, and practise with them all in their given situation.

At the latest tournament I was at, I just used 1 list, substituting a wicked doll for 3SS if I felt the need was there, but otherwise used the same throughout. In the tournament before that I took Ophelia and I always had 3 Young, Slop hauler, Rami, 2 Gremlins then filled the rest out as I saw fit.

So against Zoraida and Perdita I didn't take pere ravage, etc.

Stick to the plans you have, and don't react too much when you see their list, use what you know.

I have a Malifaux tournament coming up on the 8th of may and I am planning to use the Victorias.

How do you guys decide on your lists, have a few different options that you have played with or just make it up when you see the opponents master?

For example if your opponent is using pandora you pick a list that you know works or just go I`ll have Von Schill (+4wp) Misaki (wp7) so on and so forth.

I am used to Warmahords games so making a list as the game starts seems quite novel.

In all reality you should make your list before you know what master your opponent is using. The two things you should know before making the list are your opponents faction and the Strategies both of you have. I tend to have a core list, and then depending on who I am playing with, sub in some models for objectives. For the most part objectives are not diverse enough for it to matter on changes though, as most require speed, and the middle of the table.