Portland Players?

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Genetic,you think you would be up for running a demo game for my Son? he has been bugging me to try out the game,I gave him a general run down on how duels work and things like that. But I wanted to give him the chance to play on a real board with real terrain so thought I would talk to you about it.

He hasn't quite decided on what army he wants to use yet though. So i figured if you were able to bring a good supply for him to choose from.

I'm feeling an itch to give and take punishment. Just trying to decide who to play.

Need to brush up on Lilith for the tourney, but Ophelia has been so much fun. Then there is the fact I have been eyeing the Red Chapel box and I am not sure I can resist.(Of course the thought of McMourning and his horrors does sound nice. But who knows when they will get here?)

Looking forward to eating you Hansel. :lilith

My tots love to play with their food.

AAAH! :gurney:

*nods* Im seriously thinking about giving Criid a spin this saturday as well.

Mirror match!

Question: how much do you guys focus on one crew before moving on to another? I'm just curious; I have two boxes now, and it's always tempting to get more, but I'm restraining myself to those (and really restraining myself to playing Sonnia a lot before I break out Lady J) so I can get a handle on the game and, more importantly, get a solid handle on how to play my crew before I branch out.

How do you guys do it?

Edited by Hansel

I focused on one Master and crew for about a month when I first started then played around with another. My biggest suggestion is stick to one you like for a little while but go ahead and keep collecting models you want to play in the future. Also with the Guild what Master you play also is dependent on your opponent's faction when you get more comfortable with the rules.

I started with Lady J. I bought her the same time as I did the Ortegas. I focuses on Lady j for about 6 games straight just to get the core mechanics down. Than I branched to neverborn Pandora and Zoradia.

I suggest stick to one master til you are comfortable with the rules than branch out. If can only afford a few models at a time than stick with a faction. But ask to borrow other's crews so you can try other factions. This will help you anticipate how to build a new crew.

That actually wasn't Hansel, it was another new guy. In fact there were three new guys to be precise and all of them did well and seem like good guys. (Though Hansel cursed my deck.;) Think our last against Lilith times 5)

If they continue to come back it will increase my fun times. Hope to see all of you again.

*nods* all the new guys picked it up very fast. I am definitely hoping they keep coming back lol. The guy I played,I didn't take it easy on him either. All I had to do was remind him about Triggers,and occasionally offer a bit of advice on movement.

From what I saw,Hansel also played fairly well. He focused on the objectives and did really good.

I am really really excited about the batch of new guys lol. Did anyone remember to give them the info on the website? or are we all goobers?

What kind of henchmen would i be if i didn't tell them about the Wyrd forums??.. Hahaha Murphy'Lawyer lost to Marcus... :P

You kind of left out a huge detail. I slaughtered everything on the board and had more than 3/4 of my gremlins left while all he had was Marcus. Then fate went completely against me and I couldn't hit Marcus with any shots out of about 20 shots give or take. :cussing:

The Hag had it against me last night. But then again she may smile on me come Tourney night.

That is just how Malifaux is, a cruel beauty.:firedevil