Portland Players?

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I know Genetic's list is extremely good and very hard to counter, so don't feel bad.(That list murdered me on Wed. and I had a list designed to shut down his shooting models.)

My list, though still experimental is designed to go up against ranged based lists so there again it was a tough battle. Yes I did get you to split your force the way I wanted to and made you move Sonnia into my threat range due to my hide and seek game, but you seemed to learn a lot from our game tonight so it was not a total lose.

You did make me think hard in the first two turns.

Travis on the other hand handed me my butt toasted well done. Thought I could bust out and take the kin advantage to eliminate half his crew to take my objectives but ended up getting stuck with no where to go as McM walk up and did his thing.

Here is a scenario where punching up hurt me more than it was suppose to due to the movement issues. So having most of your crew together is not always good.

Also, John, a rules clarification: you weren't totally sure if Zoraida could Hex off one of my triggers, but I looked it up:

Hex takes off one Talent, which, defined on Page 12 of the Rules Manual, are:

-Abilities

-Actions

-Triggers

-Weapons (Talents or Special Rules that the Weapon possesses: which to me mean things like Magical, etc.)

So, yeah. Nasty! Have you guys listened to the Aethervox at all? Episode 2 does an incredible in-depth on Zoraida (wish I'd listened to it before the game, ha), and Rathnard calls her "the best Master in the game". She definitely seems fun...