Portland Players?

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Von Schill is as i said,I very harsh matchup for Sonnia.

Yeah. That's a comforting answer for my ego ( ;p ), but my hope for Malifaux is that it's a game that's relatively balanced, and even if there's a "bad" matchup, I can win if I outplay my opponent.

That said, I firmly believe that Nathan outplayed me tonight. I'm not keen to do Von Schill vs. Sonnia anytime soon, but once I have a handle on the game and have gained some skill, I'd like to go at it again.

Well remember you can only put up one per person. But think about this...you have a opening where most of your troops are,or an objective you want to slow your opponents approach. You set up two flame walls just inside the entrance, and then another two flame walls a couple of inchs in on the other side. So that the edges overlap,and so that to avoid damage your opponent has to thread through the flames and thus spend 3 times the movement or take the 6 damage from going through. This saturday I will show you what I mean.

Congratulations Mr. B for a well deserved win. You played a very fine game and you deck treats you well.

And DA you also played a good game too, just remember there is nothing to apologize for during the game.(We won't make the same mistake with the Treasure rule ever again I bet. We are all still getting use to the new rule set so it is all good.)

To our Henchman I got to say,"Ha you lost to Lenny!"

Seriously though the terrain was awesome and I had a great night. Good job on hosting the tournament, I seriously hope we do it again soon. And that Henchman program looked sweeeeeet.

Hope to see you all soon. And Lord you better get in a game soon, you need that butt of your's handed back to you.:whistle:

MrB you played an awesome game and you definitely earned top billing. And thanks guys for the congrats. And yes I think it would be awesome to do this again soon. And Gary played a decent list but certainly not one of his best Ramos lists.But I admit,It did feel good to have a win against him for once.All three games were a blast,even with the Rule screwup with our game murphy.I still can't believe that Perdita had the dreamer dead to rights and clicked an empty chamber. That was absolutely hilarious lol.

I honestly thought he was going to bite it unless I made an amazing damage prevention for sure. I think I need to play some games with my LCB against Gary to get the full hang of him and earn his permission to play my nightmare version.:P:

But I did have a good laugh all the way. I am a very animated individual and that silliness with calling out Nino and getting all :firedevil is just me having a little fun with you.(sorry for the confusion)

No worries...And like i said,I was 99% sure you were kidding..I just hadn't seen it before so I wasn't entirely sure lol.

And after all...Nino ran up and tried to smack LCB with the butt of his rifle.So I think I win the balls not brains award for the game lol. But yeah,I would definitely pick gary's brain for tips on the dreamer. He will definitley get you up to speed on him.

I had a great time in my one game. It was nice to win after getting stomped by Von Schill twice in a row in my last two games--though I enjoyed playing with Ben either way. I feel like I'm finally starting to get the hang of my crew. A few more games and it'll be time to try out Lady J or Perdita, I think.

Looking forward to getting some games in against you Hansel, it was a bummer you had to forfeit especially after a win. You were scheduled to be my second game. But Lenny took your spot and played Sonia it was a darn close game. I was hiding behind the cliff like a coward, trying to hide from his big guns. I forgot Sonia could blast me without LOS. That was a world of hurt because I was all bunched up.

That game was a great one,It forced me to try tactics with Sonnia I had never done before. I hadn't ever actually used Flame Wall offensively before..the moment I saw the hooded rider pop out though I was scrambling for ideas lol. That immune to ranged attacks ability is so nasty. And It was honestly the best choice for facing guild.

Well I just got a game in tonight at GG on the large church and have to say that thing is amazing. Josh went down with me, owned me with his Lady J, and he too enjoyed it too.

I know some of you have transportation issues but if anyone wants to get a game in on it let me know.

And Genetic if you want to build something like it let me know, I might want in on it.