Portland Players?

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Murphy that was me that said that lol.

Oh yeah, you were the one holding the rusty knife.:D

I know he did mention something similar but what it was I can't remember. Still love the imagery of that quote.(Well I guess love is not the right word, more like cringe while crossing my legs tight.)

Edited by Murphy'sLawyer

So i was thinking about pushing the tournament back a week, and lowering the entry down to 5 bucks, so some of our newer players might join in.. after all they get 20% off all malifaux purchases so its not a big loss.. and the last 3 weeks have been pretty hectic so i haven't had a chance to really spread the word,,

Wow, lots of Pandora hate. Is she really not fun to play against or is this mostly just joking? I plan to learn Lilith well before choosing another crew to learn anyhow.

Gary, if you do that with the tournament then I will join in and play with you, so long as everyone is OK babysitting a noob through the games. I won't beat anyone, but it might be a really good way to learn... an I have some stuff sitting at the shop to buy so that 20% would actually save me quite a bit of money.

Dark you do a really good job with your painting man. I wouldn't hire you to do any painting because painting is one of the things that I love about our hobby so I want to do my models myself, but I might be interested in some lessons at some point. :)

Edited by twofalls

Wow, lots of Pandora hate. Is she really not fun to play against or is this mostly just joking? I plan to learn Lilith well before choosing another crew to learn anyhow.

Gary, if you do that with the tournament then I will join in and play with you, so long as everyone is OK babysitting a noob through the games. I won't beat anyone, but it might be a really good way to learn... an I have some stuff sitting at the shop to buy so that 20% would actually save me quite a bit of money.

I suspect it's joking, but then I haven't played against Pandora. I'll gladly play against your Pandora crew, though! If it's in the game, it's in the game, you know?

Also, about the tourney: don't be too worried. I won my first tourney game a month or so ago after having played like 3 or 4 games of Malifaux, and I'm no minis game genius.

Well of course Pandora can be beaten, she just has some of the nastiest tricks in the game. Her combat sucks, is the slowest master by raw stats and she dies if she gets hit.

That said she is hard to hit by anyone other than Perdita, and if she gets into her willpower flow when you're not ready you're hosed. She is a tier one master.

I have refused to play her for sometime due to the hate she receives.(Not as much as the Alp Bomb, but close.)

Edited by Murphy'sLawyer

Thanks Cat on that catch about self loathing :). I think i might be able to make 28th. Plus not sue if i will declare neverborn or guild. I think i have done tormented cat enough with her. Last game i just played cat and mouse instead of killing i just chose to torment him. I love her style but playing against her can be frustrating especially if the player knows what they doing.

I stole the burning couch quote from this forum then Cat took it further. Your son had some good ideas he was a challenge. I think I almost over extended myself to the point where he had me.

Pandora is beatable by anyone of the guild masters she has the advantage over all but Perdita. She is way easier than the alp bomb.

Edited by Mr. Bigglesworth

Hey guys, I see everyone checked out the Cog Collective new forums. Now I am not saying we should let this thread die but the new forum is an easier way for new player looking to get into any of the steampunk type games to meet other local players. I am going to try to get the club to come up with some flyers to post up at game shops so people buying the new products can come and join.

Any objections? Also lord I wasn't allowed to invite new members in the old Google group for some reason, I tried several times, so this is much better for everone.

What do you guys think, want to join forces with the Cog to recruit more players?

No this thread shall not die,and I would be more then happy to help out with any pointers i can. As for Pandora hate...well...If your opponent knows what they are doing,Pandora can be incredibly difficult to play against. The saving grace is that you can kill her in one hit,if you can get a good hit. Its just getting that one hit that can be difficult. And if Pandora gets rolling...you literally spend more time flipping cards to see if you can actually do something instead of actually doing anything.

I didn't say kill the thread I said using the other forum would be more sensible if our community is going to grow. Also belonging to a club gives us some more power to recruit and pool resources, along with the fact a number of you play Warmachine anyways.

Am I wrong? Besides when I saw we were pushing 400 posts it hit me this was pushing silly. :dance: