Modesto CA players?

Paddywhack

Hey all! i was hoping to see if there were any players in the Modesto CA area (or closeish). It looks like on the map that there might be some down in Fresno, but thats about 2 hours from me so not the most convenient. There are no other location on the map for central CA that I saw, but was hoping I was wrong. Was hoping to find players and try a game or two before spending more money. Thanks all!

yeah, I'm not sure about Modesto, I know we have fresno, visalia, king city, and I think there are some Sacramento players around...but I don't recall about Modesto. But a post like this may bring someone out of the woodwork :D

And welcome to the forums!

Yeah - there isn't much gaming at here really. May have to wait till we move closer to the bay area. I think there might be some players in the San Jose area. Course, we might move to Stockton too, and then Sac wouldn't be too bad a drive.

I have to say, the no dice thing really put me off at first, but now I think i might like it. Money is tight though, so not sure I want to buy books and figs if there is no one to play :(

If someone would pay for me to move to California and find me work I'd happily play with you guys. I would love to live in California, so much nicer than Scotland. Had my best holiday ever there..........Stayed in Fremont for 2 weeks with friends and visited San Francisco, Oakland, Napa, Carmel and Monterey Bay. Even bought my limited edition Ipod Nano from the Apple store in Palo Alto. (aaawwww great memories)

There is a really strong group of players at Great Escape in Sacramento. The pull from a fairly large geographic area too; 40K tournys of 90+ selling out weeks before the event. There is an event this Saturday for Malifaux. If you can make it by you might meet some people from your area that don't frequent these boards.