lilith and pandora

sephiroa

as i already said before my grilfriend wants to start with lilith

but she also loves teddy and the stitched togethers, but are these smart to take together with lilith, or should she get pandora.

but the main question is, can she take a teddy with lilith?

i will buy her padora if she loves playing malifaux and the stitched togethers are from rising powers, and since i don't have that rulebook yet, we will have to wait to buy any models from the second book

Actually both Teddy and the Stitched work best with the Dreamer, though both will work with either Pandora or Lilith. The Stitched are good enough to go with most Neverborn Masters, Teddy is a touch slow and a huge target so it's sometimes hard to get him to the fight in a non-dreamer crew

ooh, i tought teddy was a minion to use in a pandore crew, together w baby kade. so stitched together and teddy work best with the dreamer, since i never saw stats of the dreamer i have no idee :)

Yeah the dreamer makes Teddy a nightmare and removes the Rare 1 restriction. He can make them appear an disappear which means they can avoid the tedious walk to the enemy. Baby Kade has an ability, but most people find they don't use it.

soo, the dreamer can have a teddy crew?? sweet :D

and the appear and dissapear, is that like teleport or somthing like that??

He can remove the teddy from the game by burying it and then unbury it else where.. Part of the design concept behind the Dreamer is you would place down your unliving army of doom and your opponent would put down a single young kid, and that would be fair. So you start with most of your force off the board.

He can remove the teddy from the game by burying it and then unbury it else where.. Part of the design concept behind the Dreamer is you would place down your unliving army of doom and your opponent would put down a single young kid, and that would be fair. So you start with most of your force off the board.

that's,, nasty :D

I think it depends how you play it. If the Teddy ties up enough of the enemy force, activations matter less. eg. if you tie up most of their ranged ability then they can't deal with the Daydreams. Though I doubt I would field more than 2 Teddies at the most, I love Stitched and Coppelius.

ooh :) well i'm going to let my girlfriend play with lilith and she will probably field a teddy with it :D

i've got one other question,

when lilith plays vs lady justice,

who is the strongest? because they are both tough masters with tough crews, i know it would depend on the skills of the players and the strategies they have, and it also depends on where your models are, i think when justice and her marshals are on a nice shooting range they can kill some niphilims but when lilith and her monsters a in melee range, they are in the advantage. i love them both as masters, but not when i have to play against them with raspy :D

wow, what is this tier thingy? i never heard of it :)

There has been lots of discussion about which are the most powerful master.. There is no definite list but generally

Pandora, Perdita and Lilith are considered to be a bit overpowered. So I consider them Tier 1

Kirai, Leviticus and Collete are considered to be a bit better than average, so Tier 2.

There is not much between most masters, so most of the rest are Tier 3

Som'er, Marcus (and possibly Ramos) are considered to be a touch underpar so Tier 4.

There has been lots of discussion about which are the most powerful master.. There is no definite list but generally

Pandora, Perdita and Lilith are considered to be a bit overpowered. So I consider them Tier 1

Kirai, Leveticus and Colette are considered to be a bit better than average, so Tier 2.

There is not much between most masters, so most of the rest are Tier 3

Som'er, Marcus (and possibly Ramos) are considered to be a touch underpar so Tier 4.

Of course it all depends on who you talk to ;). No one master is really overpowered in the usual sense of that word. The top 3 Ratty list are just mean and combat focused, but considering this game is so much more then just pure killing power its an inaccurate statement really. Plus most people don't completely agree on this etc. Plus those 3 are well honestly... are just hard to counter unless you know their weaknesses. But OP is really an exaggeration on it when you consider the whole picture.

ooh :) well i'm going to let my girlfriend play with lilith and she will probably field a teddy with it :D

i've got one other question,

when lilith plays vs lady justice,

who is the strongest? because they are both tough masters with tough crews, i know it would depend on the skills of the players and the strategies they have, and it also depends on where your models are, i think when justice and her marshals are on a nice shooting range they can kill some niphilims but when lilith and her monsters a in melee range, they are in the advantage. i love them both as masters, but not when i have to play against them with raspy :D

Again ignore the whole Teir thing, its not really that accurate and I don't want you to get the wrong impression from it. There are no official teirs, it is all opinion and varies widely beyond a few exceptions. Lady J and Lilith are often considered on the high side of the average master mainly because they are semi-straight forward and combat focused.

What it comes down to is that who ever gets the charge off on each other will most likely be the winner of that fight. Lilith's crew has more tricks and melee power but Lady J's can often match that power and add in ranged attacks. But it will be slower over all. Really they are a very good match for each other and are pretty much on the same level as each other.

But for your direct question, neither heh. They both have their merrits on each other and really it comes down to who gets the charge off on the other first and then pure luck. Lilith is high Df but Lady J has Reposte etc. Its a very interesting fight for you ^^

Basically Lilith is for the person who enjoys a moderate level of tricks, high movement ability and melee focused. Lady J is much more well rounded with both ranged and melee in plentiful supply. Plus Lady J hits a tad harder then Lilith .

I think it depends how you play it. If the Teddy ties up enough of the enemy force, activations matter less. eg. if you tie up most of their ranged ability then they can't deal with the Daydreams. Though I doubt I would field more than 2 Teddies at the most, I love Stitched and Coppelius.

Just to add to this, 2 Teddies is really the perfect slot for this as 2 of them gives you a huge amount of killing power and a lot of durability. Supported with things such as Stitched Together and Alps, you can bog down your opponent while the Teddies do the work. But the Dreamer faces near constant out-activation which is one of his general weaknesses. Only when his full crew is out will it go away.

On the note of 3 Teddies... it works very very well against a melee focused crew. If they don't have some way to bypass your Hard to Wound, 3 of them is a terror =) Especially if they are living. They will eat through them and if you bury them after then strike with a Daydream etc, you can keep them generally rather safe.

One common strategy is to bury chain. You have your Teddies (etc) up in combat. A daydream moves up and buries them at max range (6"). Then it moves away if it can, or you have another daydream bury that one etc.

So yup, very thematic but a lot of fun and certainly not the most tooled list you can use.... but it works rather well despite all that. Plus if you enjoy it, you win right there =D

wel that kinda is an answer to my question :P

something i was expecting.

but i still don't get the tier thing, but i don't need to

it's like 40k, space marines and tyranids are supposed to be one of the best armies blah blah blah, i play with necrons (wich is supposed to be u weak army) but still i manage to defeat a lot of other armies.

it's your experience and strategy that does the trick, but i like playing wih a weaker master, because playing with a master who is a bit stronger than others and you win, you've got the feeling it's not because you played so well, it's the feeling like, meh i got a good master

so when i fight justice or lilith and i get powned by them, and after my 100th battle i win, it will be because i kno my crew and how to work with them, you can make your master perfect with your crew if you choose the right minions, but you can make your master look like rubbish if you choose wrong minions,

2 Teddy's can reek havoc on models with low wp and are not immune to morale duels like undead and constructs. Their terrifying 13 is tough number for a whole army to handle. They are pretty tough to kill out right but they are very spendy at 9 ss so they will take up a large portion of the crew. If they can tie up at least 2 models each on placement they can do a number on an opponent's crew.