Any questions or criticism of the fluff?

nerdelemental

So, like it was said time and time again, we need more stories that are not related to the "oh s** the tyrants are coming". I'm actually like the main plot of the books very much, but we also need to see those small conflicts like "Seamus and the Ortegas meet during a monster hunt, violence ensues", "necromancer 33# is escaping the lawn" and "rogue sorcerer is being hunted by the guild".

There is also de first book:

-The ending confused me. Why would Zoraida have so complicated plot? Couldn't she ask for Viktoria to slay December?

-If they didn't know that the giant-thingy-of-death would appear, how could the neverborn know that the leviathan would destroy the temple?

Oh, first post. yay.

-The ending confused me. Why would Zoraida have so complicated plot? Couldn't she ask for Viktoria to slay December?

She can predict the future a bit. My guess is that she saw that Viktoria would fail. At the end December would have killed Viktoria, in the fight Viktoria their is a point where December is about to take a final strike and kill Viktoria, that is when the second Viktoria came in and changed how things were fated to happen. The whole plot was designed to create the second Viktoria which is not in fates plan.

Edited by Ratty

we also need to see those small conflicts like "Seamus and the Ortegas meet during a monster hunt, violence ensues", "necromancer 33# is escaping the lawn" and "rogue sorcerer is being hunted by the guild".

This is a pretty good idea. Maybe they could even do something like dedicate long pieces of fiction before each of the faction sections. Maybe something that really gets into the Witchlings, and I'd love to see a long story all about Molly!

:D

I'm reading book 3 right now and i have to say that i like it way more than book 2. I think. there were a lot of masters that got little to no "screen time" and i don't like Kirai that much, so reading about her all the time wasn't a thing i wanted to read (that's just my personal preference).

I hope that the Tyrants will expand their influence in the future books and that they will have an impact an the game aswell. My dream would be a 6th faction lead by the tyrants but thats highly unlikely and maybe asked to much.

Ahh and i have a question. In book 3 Nicodem hints that Sebastian is only playing dumb, way would he do that? Is he just lazy? Does he have a agenda of his own?

So, like it was said time and time again, we need more stories that are not related to the "oh s** the tyrants are coming". I'm actually like the main plot of the books very much, but we also need to see those small conflicts like "Seamus and the Ortegas meet during a monster hunt, violence ensues", "necromancer 33# is escaping the lawn" and "rogue sorcerer is being hunted by the guild".

-If they didn't know that the giant-thingy-of-death would appear, how could the neverborn know that the leviathan would destroy the temple?

Oh, first post. yay.

1) people don't trust Neverborn, with good reason

2) Not sure, back up plan against December, something she didn't see

Ahh and i have a question. In book 3 Nicodem hints that Sebastian is only playing dumb, way would he do that? Is he just lazy? Does he have a agenda of his own?

Well, not so much playing dumb as much as 'has a lot more going on in his head than McMourning realizes.'

Sebastian is the quintessential Igor. He's holding the whole thing together while McMourning is flighty and absent-minded and addled, all that. Sebastian does so much for McMourning and McM has no idea even though it's done right in front of him. Laziness is not an attribute of Sebastian. He does everything from cleaning the cinders out of the fireplace, to scrubbing the excess blood off of...well...everything, to bashing in the backs of Guild Inspector's heads, to running many experiments at the command of Captain Crazy Hair.

I've got a question about resurrection.

There seems to be an entire gamut of levels of resurrection in the fluff that I've read so far. At one end there are the shambling zombies with barely enough instinct to maintain motor function and respond to the will of their masters. Then there are more sophisticated reanimates like Seamus's Rotten Belles that are still a long way from being human, but retain enough faculties to be formidable in battle. At the other end of the spectrum there are individuals like Molly Squidpiddge who is virtually indistinguishable from the living in terms of articulation and ability (although she's still technically dead).

So, is it down to the skill of the reanimator that dictates the abilities of the reanimated?

Or is it the source of power that brings them back to a corresponding level of un-life?

I've got a question about resurrection.

There seems to be an entire gamut of levels of resurrection in the fluff that I've read so far. At one end there are the shambling zombies with barely enough instinct to maintain motor function and respond to the will of their masters. Then there are more sophisticated reanimates like Seamus's Rotten Belles that are still a long way from being human, but retain enough faculties to be formidable in battle. At the other end of the spectrum there are individuals like Molly Squidpiddge who is virtually indistinguishable from the living in terms of articulation and ability (although she's still technically dead).

So, is it down to the skill of the reanimator that dictates the abilities of the reanimated?

Or is it the source of power that brings them back to a corresponding level of un-life?

I can't say for sure, but in the case of Molly I wrote her as if her own personality were the cause of her unusual Undead status, rather than any oddities of her reanimation or the skills of her reanimator. If nothing else, she is a much more interesting character that way.

The variations of animation style are dependent first upon the unique attributes and understanding of the art of the Master, and possibly hundreds of nuances that are hard to account for. Each of the three reanimation Ressers have a very unique vision of how to do it and their particular creations demonstrate some unique qualities. Possibly Nicodem and Seamus are the most similar in this regard. But Nico pushes each of them, hoping to discover what he's calling Superior Undead. McM might be the closest to succeeding, creating monstrosities that retain more of their original instincts, fighting ability, and independent thought. However, Seamus pushes the belles to retain some glimmer of their former selves, looking at the Doxies and other anomalies, as has Nicodem created some near superior undead. None seem to acknowledge the true anomaly of Molly, however, or Phillip Tombers. Superior Undead right in their midst. It's funny. They just tell her to shut up. :)

So, not really skill, but a honing of the art in various ways, might be the best answer.

Seamus was the first to do it, but he doesn't really appreciate what he did, nor does he seem to care as much as he's very much got his own agenda.

McM is playing along, but he, too, is awfully distracted, much more interested in his experimentation than to fight some war he doesn't much care about.

Nicodem is the most varied and avid student of the art, having done the widest breadth of practice. Surprisingly, he's able to reanimate just about any damned thing at the blink of an eye, but hasn't gotten any as close as the former two, likely because he doesn't stay as focused upon any one single attribute of the Res art.

I can't say for sure, but in the case of Molly I wrote her as if her own personality were the cause of her unusual Undead status, rather than any oddities of her reanimation or the skills of her reanimator. If nothing else, she is a much more interesting character that way.

I had assumed it was due to her connection to the Gorgons Tear. The longer she held onto it the more autonomy she seemed to have.

I had assumed it was due to her connection to the Gorgons Tear. The longer she held onto it the more autonomy she seemed to have.

I was thinking something similar, which is why I asked the original question. It is clear that the Gorgon's Tear is no ordinary soul stone and its being unique could have had a similarly singular effect on Molly.

Wasn't she coughing up blood all the time after her first reanimation, right up until she was brought back by the Tear?

-The dreamer's fisical form lives in Malifaux or earth? If earth, then his parents are praticaly asking to die.

-Why did the Kithera...Kaera...kay...big-machine-of-doom contain both December and the creature of death?

-The description of Lord Chompy Bits implies that the neverborn are a danger to the dreamer, so why are the too listed in the Neverborn faction? Shoudn't they be in the outcast?

-The ortegas, what is their objective in the long run? Kill lots and lots of Neverborn?

-Is the ol'Hamelin's mind completely destroyed? There is any part of his conscience still in the plagued?

-The dreamer's fisical form lives in Malifaux or earth? If earth, then his parents are praticaly asking to die.

-Why did the Kithera...Kaera...kay...big-machine-of-doom contain both December and the creature of death?

-The description of Lord Chompy Bits implies that the neverborn are a danger to the dreamer, so why are the too listed in the Neverborn faction? Shoudn't they be in the outcast?

-The ortegas, what is their objective in the long run? Kill lots and lots of Neverborn?

-Is the ol'Hamelin's mind completely destroyed? There is any

part of his conscience still in the plagued?

1) do you mean physical form, if so my guess from the dreamer fluff, I would say yes

2) It didn't I created a physical form for him

3) He's on the're side, but he's got his own motives

4) Money fame and fortune

5) Not likely