Non-Nightmares with Dreamer

docbungle

I have played with it before and it is a bit funky. You lose a lot by not taking Nightmares with the Dreamer and rarely have I found it worth taking a non-Nightmare with him.

But of course, there are exceptions. I have had great success with the Hooded Rider in the past due to his hit and run tactics. He skirts the edge of the board and strikes at key points, taking out important models or even just buying LCB some more time to reak havoc. Otherwise Silurids have done ok with me. Due to their speed you can send them objective capping while your main force of the Dreamer and his Nightmares goes head first into the enemy and causes all sorts of havoc.

Basically, while other models can work well... you lose some effectiveness just for having a Non-Nightmare model in your crew. I'm not 100% sure it is generally worth while. So of course you can do it and make it work, just make sure to still have a decent bulk of Nightmares to go with them because... well that is what this master is all about after all.

I would agree with karn, not having nightmares takes away The Dreamer's effectiveness. Not being able to pick up and drop your minions really hinders his play style. If you don't run any nightmares you'll also have a zero soulstone cache, which is never a good thing.

One or two non-nightmares is OK...but I wouldn't through in any more non-nightmares. I'm guessing this question was more along the lines of this and not a full non-nightmare list. Building off what karn said about the Hooded Rider, I think the riders are usually effective in most any list because of their mobility/strength so it could work with the dreamer.