Ryle and 7 shots from hell

Mr. Bigglesworth

Just looking at this hellish combo.

Ryle activates, shoots 3 times.

Hoffman activates uses Machine Puppet.

Tap power to gain fast.

Then uses Override Edict to reactivates and makes Ryle shoot 3 more times.

Given Ryle has one of the farthest firing threat range ability to move 12" in one turn and still shoot giving him an effective threat range of 24". Nino and Han are only 20". Only Rami and Pigapult can threaten further, at 26". However, Ryle can produce enough wounds to kill any model with each shot no other model can do this without a red joker and therefore could only do this once. This could be a devastating second turn combo that could eliminate.

With Ryle's ability to have multiple damage flips, I don't foresee too much surviving within this 12" bubble.

As the rules are currently it'd be better to cast Override Edict on Hoffman himself and Puppeteer the other Hoffman three times. This gives you higher Cb and Critical Strike for more of them.

Unless of course there is three enemies bunched together in which case you should probably opt for Automatic Fire x2.

Had to check the book on that one but none of Hoff's abilities say 'friendly' construct, so we can bypass Can't Connect on Ryle.

God, that's beautiful.

'Maintain Machines' means you can just ignore 'Can't Connect' anyway since it doesn't target..

So even if they DID say 'target friendly construct' you'd be able to use them on Ryle..

Edit:

Also if you cast Edict on C.Hoffman on his first activation and Edict on R.Hoffman on his second you could get 8 shots..

Editide:

I think 7 shots with four of them puppeteered is better though..

Edited by Wodschow

Eh top it off hoffman get 6 plus ram for all his shots better then the normal 5 + ram. (If your in range for the shots your probably just better off having hoffman for him to just shoot) In addition he gets crit so if you can't get 2 rams for the extra flip you still do 1 more damage each shot.

For added fun take Nino and peacekeaper. Start blasting the hell out of everything and then when other side gets close you have a 6 attack peacekeeper to take over.

Edited by tadaka

'Maintain Machines' means you can just ignore 'Can't Connect' anyway since it doesn't target..

So even if they DID say 'target friendly construct' you'd be able to use them on Ryle..

Edit:

Also if you cast Edict on C.Hoffman on his first activation and Edict on R.Hoffman on his second you could get 8 shots..

Editide:

I think 7 shots with four of them puppeteered is better though..

I saw the 8 shots after I created the thread.

I just love this model I have been taking him over Nino if I can't take both because his mobility allows for far more options. I also like his ability ability to be in melee and do 2 melee strikes then push out of melee and get his one ranged strike is great. Been running him with Perdita until Hoffman comes out, obey a model into his melee range and just beat them down, then push out and shoot.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just tried Ryle the once so far and he was with my Lady J crew I can't wait to get him with Perdita and try that out. Thought I think I will find it hard to give up Nino he has been the star of so many games. His room must be lined with trophie heads of Teddies and Mature Naphilim that Perdita will have to get him a bigger room at this point.