Complaining is good

Justin

So, about a week and a half ago I noticed that when I turned my kitchen sink on cold, hot water came out and it took about 30 seconds for it to get cool.

No big deal, I thought, my faucet is probably just a little wonky, something happened to it and it's switching up hot and cold for some reason. No reason to call the landlord, I can wait 30 seconds for cold water.

So, skip to a week and a half later, my whole apartment smells dank, like mold and I'm crazy sick. Only I finally take enough pseudophed to realize the place smells like mold and I'm probably not sick, it's allergies! Yay!

So, this is weird, I have no leaks. I check and make sure, start taking things apart. Then my girlfriend notices that some of the granite in the kitchen is stained dark, like it's wet, only it's not wet...on the surface. So I turn off the power and start pulling out the light switches to get a look into the walls. And when I take them off, water drips out.

Turns out, around the time my sink started spewing hot instead of cold, the joint hot water main had decided to set itself in the on position and leak everywhere. And it had totally flooded the apartment below me. But I had no way of knowing this because it was a pipe common to both of the properties and, well, I wasn't being flooded. But the poor old guy who lives below me is senile and a bit broke, so he didn't call anyone.

So in that week the water evaporated from his place and seeped up into my walls, which is why it is coming out of my light switches.

Luckily the pipe is the realm of the HOA and I'm not the one who waited a week and a half to report a leak.

But still...fun day.

Anyway, lesson learned, even minor problems like your sink randomly giving you hot water when you want cold, might be grounds to complain. Because...there are other people who won't do it even when they're drowning...

It's that time of the year, I think. ::looking at the wasteland of water outside::

I am thankful my basement is still dry despite all the snow melting. Since I bought this house last year I have gotten water in my man cave 5 times. Twice it was over a foot and the last time(right after the new year) it was sewage water backing up from a broken main line.

But I have done all the correct repairs and took steps to keep it dry, so lets hope it stays that way.

I want to spray everything with bleach and then set it on fire.

. . .

Believe it or not the bleach smell would be more harmful than the mold.

Also, if that water had soaked into the drywall ceiling in the apartment below then it could have gotten heavy enough to fall and kill a person.

Happy Valentines Day Lalo!

. . .

Believe it or not the bleach smell would be more harmful than the mold.

That's what the fire is for.

Also, if that water had soaked into the drywall ceiling in the apartment below then it could have gotten heavy enough to fall and kill a person.

Happy Valentines Day Lalo!

Yeah...

I'm in a hotel right now.

We had a leak every year around December for 6 years, people kept coming out to *fix* it. Eventually I say "enough is enough, this needs fixed properly" so the dudes come out, do up the roof and lo'! No more leaking...........in that part of the flat.

A week or so later my flatmate's room's ceiling collapses and I start to get water dribbling down my main light in my room.

Contractors can be just so bloody useless it baffles me.