Dreamer vs. Perdita Crew???

Wasp

My next Match with the dreamer comes up against Perdita and their crew. It´s my first game against her and so I am a little bit afraid by her companion Talant and the range attack abilities. My Dreamer Crew haven´t any hard hitting range attack´s.

It woult be a 35 SS Game

At first the Crew´s:

Perdita and full family with two witchling stalker.

I have only a small amount of minis to bolster my crew:

Dreamer/LCB, Lelu, Lilitu, 1x Teddy, Coppellius, 2x Stichis, 1x Doppelganger...

I didn´t know the strategy and shemes. So I need basicaly tricks to deal with Perdita and his crew.

I think the Guild player would mob their crew up. The stalkers will guard Perdita and help her with disrupt magic / or dispell magic. The entire rest of the crew should stand nearby. But not Nino, he function as a sniper from behind.

My first idea was this.

Dreamer goes in and release a Doppelganger, the Doppelganger mimic from Papa Loco "BOOM" and the Spell "Take Ya With Me!" what he cast first.

Hopfully 6 damage on the stalker, for Perdita and every crewmember that I can reach. Now at least one Stalker goes off and inflict two damage at the Dopelganger, and yes he taks two more wounds and "Boom" more damage with no resistance. The pretty thing is, The Dreamer ignors the Damage caused by the spell, boom, and Immolating Demise () :)

But the ca of the Doppelganger isn´t realy high, so the chance to win the Df Duell also isn´t realy high. And then at least I notice the Doppelganger isn´t a nightmare ;(

Now I realy need help because my concept didn´t work *gg*

Thx for every reply :)

Edited by Wasp

Well I promised I would help ya so here I am! *Poses*

Ok with that out of the way...

First on Perdita and her Crew

Perdita is not that bad for the Dreamer to deal with. Her ranged based crew hurts a lot and it's the Alpha Strike that is going to do serious damage if anything. So you pretty much have to go in expecting him to pull off this chain of Companion activations at the worst possible time for you.

A big way to break this is by separating the crew out since Companion still has a range of 6". So if you can split up his Family models a bit, you can stop the chain because they have to start in 6" of each other.

The ranged attacks wont be a big issue if you can bounce around enough. You want to 100% stay out of LOS at all times. Have your Daydreams move around to provide flanking threats. The big thing is, the Dreamer and the Daydreams are all points of attack because they can each bring out your Nightmares. This helps play with their head a bit because they won't know where the attack is coming from. Often times they will spread out a big (a great thing for you). If you can pick them off one at a time, all the better.

Now the perdita crew is not really that fast, so speed is a huge asset of yours and you want to make sure you use it. Drop Nightmares on objective points when you need them and then pick them up again when you don't need them. The key point here is to never let yourself stay out in the open and be subject to their shots. This is hugely important. NIGHTMARES ARE NOT TOUGH. Her crew will shoot you dead if you try to just stand in the open. Even in melee they can hurt a bit so you really need to make every strike you take punishing. Their healing is zero so damage you do will stick and most of them have nothing to really help them stay alive. There are a few exceptions but you can deal with them as they come.

A big thing to understand is that Stubborn does NOT help against Terrifying. They are not the defenders in that duel as it is just a Simple duel. So they have to go in with their base Wp against some of the highest Terrifying in the game. Causing even 1 model to flee can be a huge game changer for you. So make sure to try and capitalize on this.

The Stalkers are going to be a pain because they are going to blow up on you. So you want to use a Tough Nightmare to take them down. Lelu is the obvious choice for this because he can heal with a spell of his, has a lot of Wds, and Regenerates. With Him and Lilitu healing each other, they recover 4Wds a turn each without having to use any Ap on this. My tactica covers how this works in depth so Ill defer to that.

Most of the Perdita Crew will not be able to stand up to you in melee. So press this. If you are going to commit to attacking the bulk of their crew, commit fully and tie as many things up in melee as you can. Especially with Terrifying models like LCB, they can cause a huge mess when they trundle into melee. Don't let their body blocking stop you, arrange things so you drop your Nightmares where you want them and kill your most lethal targets first. In this case it is Papa Loco. His AE's will make your life a nightmare so make sure to gank him as soon as you get the chance. Preferably from long range via the Dreamer and Daydreams ranged attacks or Lureing him into Lelu and having your beefy he-demon devour the bugger.

Your Crew:

The Doppelganger can not be a Nightmare. Mimic does not allow it to gain a model type like Nightmare so you can't drop it like the rest. I would drop the Doppelganger from your crew 100%. First off because you can't bury it and secondly, if this player looks at the Doppelganger for a minute and then considers his models he will see what your trying to do and nail the Doppelganger. She simply will not be worth it for you I am sorry to say ): This is probably the one master I would not recommend her for.

But for 35ss I suggest these and yes you MUST proxy Daydreams. The Dreamer falls apart without them. But seriously... I would never play the Dreamer without them:

Dreamer

Daydream x2 -4ss

Lelu -7ss

Lilitu -7ss

Teddy -9ss

Stitched Together -5ss

32ss with 8 cache.

So you I really have to say you MUST proxy Daydreams as he relies on them so heavily. The Blisters are available so if you have the chance to pick them up, do it. Otherwise just proxy them.

But the idea behind this is.. you have Lilitu and Lelu dropped off at max range for her Lure to your target. She Lures the target in as much as she can while doing her companion on Lelu. Lelu then activates and takes out that model or does the best her can. The model should be hurting if not completely dead. If needed and if you have a safe area, drop Teddy on the target to make sure it dies. Then once it is dead, pick them all back up with a Daydream casting the Dreamers spell and away you go.

You can rinse and repeat this as many times as you get the chance. Try starting with Pap Loco as he pretty much has no chance of resisting it and then have Lelu kill him far enough away from Lilitu so she doesn't get blown up to. Once he is dead, go for the next target etc. Nino is a particularly HUGE pain in the ass... so if you get the chance, drag him over and say hi with your cuddly little Teddy.

From there Stitched Together's Does Not Die makes it very hard to get rid of and makes it a great speed bump. Just drop it infront of Perdita's crew and engage them in melee, pop it's Creeping Fog so it's blocking LoS past it and then start Gambling Your Life on them. Hopefully they kill you so you get reactivate and get another whole activation of hammering away at them. But they are such good Speed Bumps.

Then when you finally get the chance, drop Teddy, Lelu, and LCB on top of Perdita and just beat the living crap out of her. Try to bring her down with as much power as you can muster because once she is down, her crew isn't that hard to deal with. Terrifying from Teddy and LCB should cause someone to flee and as long as you don't leave LCB next to several models at once you should be fine.

But if you get movement based Strategies, you should be fine. Use your speed and hit and run tactics to harrass them and cap your objectives with ease.

:ditto:

karn987 again proving what a fantastic asset he is to the Neverborn cause. Agree with all the above.

I'll add two thoughts though;

1) Don't forget you can use unhinge Pappa with The Dreamer and Coppellius.

2) As a precaution against crews with Nino I tend to keep a stray Daydream with The Dreamer and a Stitched buried. That way worst case scenario the Daydream gets killed and drops a stitched in harms way. Guaranteeing that The Dreamer can't be taken out this turn.

The Doppelganger Suicide Attack is still in my Mind.

Combo:

1st Round: Doppelganger mimic Ht 1 from a Sticht Together, Stitch Together Buried the now Ht 1 Doppelganger, and be buried by the Dreamer

I learn from the very nice "Dreamer tactical" that buried Models are not in the game at the rounds end and so the Stitch Together didn´t unburie the Doppelganger.

Now a Daydream Floats in the middle of the Perdita´s Crew. Get killed and release the buried Stitch together, this model does waht it can to warm up the Perdita Crew and yes he also would be killed. He comes back, but before the Doppelganger unburied 1" from the killed Stitch. The Stitch ractivate, hopfully does more damage and then the Sucide Doppelganger mimic "BOOM!" and "Take Ya With Me!" and try to smoke the rest :)

Is that (i know very theoretical) a legal combo!?

In a word: NO.

I'll brush aside the Stitched being a Ht2 model and assume the Doppelganger grabs Ht1 from someone else. Here's the real issue, Abduction reads...

Bury Target Ht1 model. Place the buried model within 6" of this model at the Start Activation Phase. If this model is removed from the board, place buried target in play within 1" of this model before it is removed from play.

So it won't work. I can't see any way of you burying the D'ganger. Sorry.

Tooo sloooww... Alps are gonna eat me alive.. :/
That was a fun one :bounce:

I really like the list Karn gave. I think the combo Lelu/Lilitu + Stich together should do wonders against Perdita.

Don't forget to activate your creepy fog on stiched togethers before burrying them on first turn, so you can block line of sight right where you need it at the beginning of second turn.

Creepy Fog is my lifesaver.

Even though he'll often claim otherwise when confronted with the question directly. This is undeniable proof that karn clearly supports and promotes the Alp spam!

PAH! Pah I say!

Alps also sorta invoke the image of the Tribbles from Star Trek for me... less in form and more in function. Imagine, your sitting in your home in Malifaux and you hear a noise "alp.... alp.... alp". You go to the cubbord where it is coming from and open it and there is an Alp! You back away in horror as you hear it come from behind you suddenly! You turn and falling out of the oven are more Alps! Soon Alps come pooring out of every container in your home and you drown in them! All to the chorus of "ALP ALP ALP ALP ALP ALP ALP ALP ALP ALP!"

startrekTTWT8-a.jpg