Kirai 30ss list for tournament Saturday

Avarice711

Kirai

4 seishin

Lost love ( we can proxy models not released, using colonel model from anima tactics)

2 onryu

1 Datsuba

27 ss crew 6 ss cache

Waiting to come in

Ikiryo

Shikome

2 onryo

2 gaki

What do you guys think? where do you see my weaknesses? or should I play LCB?

Edited by Avarice711

These days at 30ss I normally run

Jack 9ss

Hanged 8ss

5 Seishin 10ss

Lost Love 2ss

and then 1 extra SS.

I find you can take out almost any enemy with Jack debuffing and Ikiryo hitting them in Close Combat just outside of Jacks range. I also find he is the only real defence against certain crews like Pandora.

I don't worry to much about summoning but will normally have about 2 Onryo and a couple of Gaki by turn 3, just from having spare cards or using Spirit Food.

However your list looks fairly good and works well against certain lists like McM.

The way I look at it it's a utility thing. If your going to go against all comers you need to be able to deal with more issues. Therefore as you can summon Onryo and Gaki later on in the game your initial crew should be models that give additional utility.

Datsu-ba is good but works best against horde armies where here circular attack can hit more models and she is more likely to manage a killing blow to get Gaki.

Jack Daw allows you to stop Masters cheating and soulstoning which allows you to run assassination runs, also he has a high Terrifying that works against horde armies. I would also be tempted to run Shikome in the starting crew. Which would allow you to summon in one Shikome, swirl in the second and then double team a target, though my main issue is knowing at the start what you want them to target.

Hanged are good but far more situational, so I don't think I would use in an all comers force.

Rogue Necromancy, Dead Rider. I think you could quite well with either of these models, they are quite fast and tough to begin with, So once you have used the Lost Love to make them Spirits you have hugh threat range and they can survive well.

I like using movement based schemes. Breakthrough is great, You sweep past the enemy and set up a base in their deployment zone, if they have chosen any Schemes where they need to get through to your half of the table they also end up having to split their force (far more than you do as if it's necessary you can sprint there on the last turn). If your taking Breakthrough why not combine it with Stake a Claim declare both of them and get 4VPs for doing more or less one thing.

I also really like Grudge, almost all your damage is melee anyway and you aren't as restricted in target as with Kill Protegee. You can use it in two ways, choose a really easy model to kill and get your 2VP easy or choose a lynchpin model and announce and then they will be in two minds over whether they leave it back and protected or actually risk it and actually get some use out of it.