Levi and Canine Remains

Buck Dog

So, I am trying to fit out my Levi crew and I was just wondering what peoples opinions of canine remains are ?

I know a lot of people take one so they can cheaply summon a second waif by killing the CR, but I was considering taking a pack of four dogs. In fact a 30 ss crew would be something like :

Levi

Alyce

4 x SPA

4 x CR

2 ss

That way you can out activate any opponent, which I think is a huge advantage. You get graverobber from the CR, so that you get a corpse counter every time Levi pops his clogs and can get that all important second waif in round two if you can kill Levi in round one. Also by having more than one dog, they count as significant meaning they can roam the board claiming objectives - I know people often use Necropunks for this job, but the dogs are cheaper and have grave robber.

Obviously, this will depend on your opponent and the schemes.... but I would be interested in your views before I go out and get a second set of dogs.

Cheers.

Buck

I think a lot of dogs without Sebastian really loses you something. I'm also not sure the activation thing will help an aweful lot as they die easily and then you have lost that advantage. Saying that I can lend you a couple of dogs when I get them done and you can give it a try. Theoryfaux is all good and all but you never know until it hits the table.

Why is it necessary to have a Canine Remains on the board in order for Leveticus to produce a corpse counter? I thought that, since he is a Grave Robber, and you place corpse counters before removing the model, he would still be IN PLAY when the corpse counter would be placed. Or is my logic incorrect?

Sorry if this has been answered a million times.