Deliverence, 25th-26th June 2011, Cardiff UK

Dumb Luck

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about the pull out! I'll be seeing you at Stockport with my Gremlins!

Ah, LOTR ... now there's a system I love but haven't played in years. Got about 1000pts in Shirelings hidden someplace.

Right! Current list is as stands!

1 - James Doxey (The Dreamer/Chompy Bits)

2 - Andi Davies (Colette)

3 - Sam Rudland (The Dreamer/Chompy Bits)

4 - Liam Coupland (Lady Justice)

5 - Richard Baker (McMourning)

6 - Steven Scurr (Colette)

7 - Paul Hansell (Seamus/Lilth)

8 - Craig Johnson (Sonnia)

9 - Adam Reeve (Hoffman)

10 - Dai Garland (Opheila)

11 - Mike Penberthy (Lucius)

12 - Simon Cheyne (Rasputina)

13 - James Blagden (Perdita)

14 - Ashley Pinder (Colette)

15 - Richard Turner (Lilth)

16 - Ant Hoult (Kirai) STILL YET TO BUY A TICKET!

Judging from an email that Adam sent me, there might be a few more from Harrogate yet to come. Along with a few more locals, we might just break twenty! =)

Edited by Dumb Luck

Here's the draw as it currently stands guys. I've done my best to keep the Harrogate lot apart as possible for the first draw. There are still plenty of tickets left. New sign ups will be playing each other.

Table 1: Mike Penberthy (Lucius) vs Liam Coupland (Lady J)

Table 2: Simon Cheyne (Rasputina) vs Craig Johnson (Marcus)

Table 3: James Doxey (Dreamer) vs James Blagden (Perdita)

Table 4: Andrea Davies (Colette) vs Adam Reeve (Hoffman)

Table 5: Richard Turner (Lilth) vs Richard Baker (McMourning)

Table 6: Ant Hoult (Kirai) vs Ashley Pinder (Colette)

Table 7: Dai Garland (Opheila) vs Steven Scurr (Colette)

Table 8: Samuel Rudland (Dreamer) vs Paul Hansell (Seamus)

Sorry about the ones who haven't got a Master listed!

Edited by Dumb Luck

It's alright, i've only played against Chompy once, in the Brum tourny...although I have some tactics in mind to try and deal with his movement and approach to the game mechanics he employs... d6HtPvTOKRlJIYhuQsveMgpe7A0YKUnDqXy7vnZ91u76BCw6lprKgRKobe7bb+BEXZpE2cMkxVAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Wont get to test it out though until I play at Cardiff..

Due to the number of people who have not declared their masters, I will be doing one of two things. Removing them from the current draw so they play each other or docking them some point for time keeping.

Since you're the guys attending, what would you prefer? And on the subject of points docking, how many?

Also, at this rate I'll be giving myself Best Outcast.

I would recommend posting on here and PM'ing them and remind them they havent submitted their Masters, advise last chance to do sy bo x day otherwise they will be subject to points deduction, but then im a nice fair guy, ...(It's always good to know what the consequence is before your hit with it, so you can do something to avoid the penalty)otherwise would probably disagree with me and just vote points deductions

Their is no disbenefit/penalty for them to just play another player with unknown Master as both players will be in the same boat for their first game

Ok here's my thoughts...

A: If you're going to change the pairings then you need to do this for everyone once you know everyone's masters. Otherwise it's just splitting the field in to two groups. Seen as one group has; Ant, Drake and Rocky in it, it's probably putting the other group at an advantage by preventing them facing them round one.

B: If you go with a point deduction I'd take 0.5 VP off them at the end of the event. That way you don't skew the pairings during the event and they only drop a place in the event of a tie. If they score more VP than someone during the event they'll still end the event above them. This means they have nearly the same odds of winning the event as anyone else.

C: The third way would be to drop the requirement to submit masters until the day of the event and removed the list of what everyone is playing from your posts. That way players who've already chosen can mix it up if they want to get tricky, and you don't have to hunt down the other 1/3 of the field.

My personal preference in this scenario would be C.

- James

Ok here's my thoughts...

A: If you're going to change the pairings then you need to do this for everyone once you know everyone's masters. Otherwise it's just splitting the field in to two groups. Seen as one group has; Ant, Drake and Rocky in it, it's probably putting the other group at an advantage by preventing them facing them round one.

B: If you go with a point deduction I'd take 0.5 VP off them at the end of the event. That way you don't skew the pairings during the event and they only drop a place in the event of a tie. If they score more VP than someone during the event they'll still end the event above them. This means they have nearly the same odds of winning the event as anyone else.

C: The third way would be to drop the requirement to submit masters until the day of the event and removed the list of what everyone is playing from your posts. That way players who've already chosen can mix it up if they want to get tricky, and you don't have to hunt down the other 1/3 of the field.

My personal preference in this scenario would be C.

- James

My preference would be B rather than C, merely because I am still relatively new to the game and dont have the model collection to just chop and change Masters, and im sure i'm not the only one.

B seems the fairest as it is a minimal VP deduction which keeps the tournament on fairly even terms and only penalises those late declarers in the case of ties.

My opinion anyway.

p.s. me, Ant and ukrocky arent the only ones to be at a disbenefit if you decide to pair un declared masters together....