Ramos starter questions (I´m in need of advice)

Zwergenkrieger

Hi all,

wanted to start assembling my freshly bought Ramos box but I wonder how to assemble the Arachnids. There are 6 Arachnids included, should I assemble them to

A) 1 swarm, 3 single spiders?

B) 2 swarms?

C) 6 single spiders?

I think that A) ist best, but it still looks to be too short on single spiders. Let´s say I like to summon some more spiders during game and want to create swarms, it seems to me that I need another blister of spiders then, isn´t it?

In addition, what purchases do I need after the box?

- one blister of spiders (see above) seems to be fine

- Joss?

- Alyce?

- Brass Arachnid (as long as there is no toolkit available)?

- Convict Gunslinger?

HTG

I would start with one swarm and three spiders, but I highly recommend picking up another clam of spiders asap. I play ramos and have 6 spiders and 2 swarms and have never really run into any shortage (but it really depends on how many spiders you run).

After you get your spider situation squared away I recommend an electrical creation because without one you can't use some of ramos' best tricks.

I would pick up a brass arachnid even is the trend is to move away from it and toward the toolkit. The brass has a really high cast for a totem and can move up with the spiders and cast arcing screen. Plus stoke is amazing if you can pull it off.

Joss is a fun addition but I would get a few games in with the box set plus electrical creation before you pick him up.

Im a huge fan of Alyce. 2 extra cards is great plus she has a ton of helpful abilities. She is very pricey though at 10ss.

-Heretic

I just purchased a the Ramos starter and I mounted each spider on a washer and put magnets on the bases. This allows me to use the spiders in whichever configuration I need.

+1 to this... alternately, you can simply set the 30ss base on a 40mm base when it becomes a swarm, at least until you bulk up your spider collection (which you'll want to do).

I find a convict gunslinger to work very well with a Ramos crew, as it gives you some much-needed firepower.

I find that for every swarm you have, make sure to have the amount of spiders needed to make it.

Usually 6 will be more than enough.

If you have Ramos, the totem, 2/3 swarms, the steamborg, his bomb, and 6 spiders, you should be fine for most games.

Our Ramos player currently uses the Coryphee duet to a lot of...well awesome.

Ok, thanks for all your help here! I ordered 2 clams of spiders in addition to my starter box hust to get 2 swarms and 6 single spiders. This should be enough for most games.

In addition, I ordered the Convict Gunslinger, too, because he seems to be a well priced model (SS wise) that helps to fill a niche in your armies.

Our Ramos player currently uses the Coryphee duet to a lot of...well awesome.

I don´t have the 2nd book, therefore is anyone able to write something about the Coryphee? Are these constructs, too? What´s their strenghts?

Thanks in advance

ZK

they are constructs, very powerfull too.

u hire 2 of them at 7ss each, then they can use a 1 action to combine.

they have fast, paired weapons with a positive to damage flips, high mobility and can use 3 different 0 actions each turn including:

gain use soulstones

make a healing flip

interupt movement actions to make a strike

cast a spell that adds masks to combat and cast (which gets triggers off)

they also get a positive flip to defense, resist and disengaging flips as well as bulletproof 2 and evasive 3 so they are hard to kill as well.