clivio

I sorry for this quest, maybe it's stupid, but translate to italian isn't always easy.

I translate the "Resolving an Opposed Duel" at page 36 from "Malifaux Rules".

At step 1 I can read:

- The acting model is winning the Duel if its total is equal to or greater than the target model's total. (Success)

- Otherwise, the model has lost the Duel. (Failure)

after at step 3 I can read again:

- The acting model wins the Duel if its total is equal to or greater than the target model's total (Success)

- Otherwise, the model has lost the Duel. (Failure)

Now I read the Pandora's abilities Emotional Trauma and Fading Memory.

Ok?

Now I might think that Pandora if she wins the first and the second step, push-to-8" and lose model suffers 2 Wd. is it correct?

Thanks

Every time Pandora wins an opposed Wp duel, she gets to push 4". Every time an opponent within 12" loses a wp duel, they lose 1 wound.

So:

If Pandora casts Pacify/Ignite, it is an opposed Wp->Wp duel, and Pandora will get a 4" push is she wins. If the opponent loses that duel, they then lose 1 wound.

If Pandora casts a spell, her initial cast is not an opposed duel. It is not a Wp duel at all; it is a Ca duel. Neither emotional trauma nor fading memory affects the result of this initial cast.

When someone tries to resist Pandora's casts, it is a resist duel. This resist duel is a simple Wp duel (since all of Pandora's spells are Rst: Wp). If they fail that resist, they take a damage from emotional trauma. However, this was not an opposed duel, so Pandora does not get to push.

When Pandora casts project emotions, the target and everyone under the blast will all take their own Wp resist, and take 1 wound if they lose that resist. Pandora does not get to push because she did a Ca duel and they did a Wp resist. There was no opposed Wp duel.

Anytime someone tries to target Pandora, they first have to make an opposed Wp->Wp duel. If Pandora wins the duel, she gets a 4" push. If the opponent loses the duel and they were within 12", then they take 1 wound.

Hope this clears it all up!

Sorry for the rambling response but I wasn't 100% sure what the question was so I figured I'd cover all the bases.

Also:

I sorry for this quest, maybe it's stupid, but translate to italian isn't always easy.

There are no stupid questions! Everyone had to learn the game at some point, even the developers. You used the basic Malifaux forum font and color, therefore your question was a good question. (If, for instance, you posted in a bright color and enlarged your text, I would have, as usual, skipped your post altogether and never read anything that you posted).

(If, for instance, you posted in a bright color and enlarged your text, I would have, as usual, skipped your post altogether and never read anything that you posted).

I like this mindset. I think we should install a program that automatically moves all such posts to an external website with a flashing black, yellow, and green background that looks like it was the designed by a High School student doing his final project in 1998.

Game mechanics wise, all of the above is correct. Pandora is a little tough to wrap your head around the first time. I myself couldn't run her effectively until I saw it done.

Good luck in your translation quest!

Thanks very much, I misled the phrase:

"The acting model is winning the duel ..." repeated 2 times in the rulebook at page 36. Perhaps a translation or a write error.

would be great if she can push of 8" and inflict 2 wounds every duel lose!

anyway thanks again

Haha. No thanks.

She is powerful enough as it is.

that's no joke i was playing against mcmourning at 30ss

my list:

Pandora

2x sorrow

kade

teddy

hooded rider

he had killed hooded rider and teddy before i even killed one model ( first time playing vs those dang punk zombies) and pandora pretty much made mcmourning cut himself to death and went one to winning all by herself lol, he's was pretty dumb founded and he did get a turn where he had nothing higher than an 8 in his hand.

now that i've gotten LCB down people are having a hard time beating me hehe definitely fits more me.

Neverborn as a Faction strike me as some of the hardest to learn and master Masters in the game. But once you understand them and have them down, they are some of the hardest to beat Masters in the game. I love being an "evil" monster =D When I was a kid, I never wanted to be the "good" guys, I was always the monster trying to eat them.