New dude(s)

Sandwich

Concept Art is almost finished, prototype scale models will be made from Green Stuff and then painted and pictures will be posted.

Cards will be made as well.

Current Issue:

Playtesting:

--Details--

Charon is in a decent place.

Servants of the Black Throne are too overpowered.

Adj'Verat slightly overpowered, semi fixed.

Soulstones disappear too fast; semi-fixed.

Totem perfect place well balanced

Damage reliability intended to rest on Charon and Fetid Swarm; with Adj'Verat mean enough to be scary.

Fetid Scarabs need to be changed somehow; not sure what to do with them yet, proposed Ideas:

cuddle Fetid Scarabs and Fetid Swarm in order to allow both to be fielded at once.

-Needmore ideas.

-------------------------------

Broken: Immune to Morale Duels generated by Terrifying. Models with the Broken characteristic drop either Corpse or Scrap Counters, based upon acting player's choice so long as Acting player has a Scavenger or Graverobber model in play. If Acting player has no model with either characteristic, the Broken model's controlling player may choose.

-----------------------------

Adj'Verat the Broken

Master, Broken

50 MM

4 Soul Stone Cache

Wk/Cg: 4/7

Ht: 3

Wp: 6:masks

Ca: 5:masks

Df: 4

Wd: 12

Edge of Damnation

Rg::melee3

Cb: 5

Dg: 3/4/5

Scourge

Rg::ranged 12

Dg: 2/3/4:blast:blast

TALENTS:

Abilities:

Plate of the Dead God: No :blast may be generated within 4” of this model. This model may ignore Dg from :pulse, :aura.

Accursed: As long as this model is in play, its controlling player's Hand Size is reduced by 1. Starting with the second Turn, this model's controller does not draw any cards. At the Start Draw Phase, draw two Control Cards for each Broken within 6" of this model and then discard down to your maximum hand size.

The Unspoken: At the start of each activation phase, before any models activate, you may discard a control card and attach the suit associated with that card to one of this model's weapon's Cb stat until the next Start Draw Phase.

Tyrant of the Black Throne: At the start of each Turn, gain one Soul Stone.

Wicked

Terrifying → 13

Tyrant: This model may not be Disengaged by models with 5 or less Wp. This model gains a :+fate to Defense Flips when Disengaging.

Weapons:

Edge of Damnation:This Weapon ignores Armor when targeting Constructs, Hard to Wound when targeting Undead and deals +1 Dg when targeting models with a Soul Stone Cost of 8 or higher.

Scourge: Magical. This weapon receives :+fate to damage flips when targeting models within 8". Whenever this weapon deals Severe damage, this model heals 1 Wd and models damaged by this weapon's Severe Damage gain Poison 1.

Actions:

(+1)Melee Expert

(+1)Nimble

(0)The Ceaseless Dead: Remove Slow on target friendly Undead, Broken or Spirit or discard a Control Card to remove Paralyze. Target model becomes immune to Slow and Paralyze until the Start Closing Phase.

(0)Damnation No Longer: Target friendly model gains (+1)Fast.

Triggers:

Cb(:crows:masks) Cleave [Edge of Damnation]: After resolving the damage flip, target one model within 2" of defender, and one additional model within 2" of that model for each :crows in the combat total, all targeted models must be within 3" of this model. Using the Attack total of the initial target, make a damage flip against each target with a cumulative :-fate and -1 Dg, to a minimum of 1 Dg per target. This Model's controller decides the order in which each strike is made.

Cb(:tomes:rams)The Swarm [scourge]: After killing Defender, Summon one Fetid Scarab into Base Contact with Defender before it is removed from play. If a model is killed with this weapon, heal two Wd and draw one Control Card in addition to summoning one Fetid Scarab. Summoned model is immediately Buried and may not return to play until the next turn.

Wp/Df(:masks:crows)Hopelessness: After this model wins the Duel, Attacker may not target this model until the End Closing Phase.

SPELLS:

(0)Will of the Dead God:

(CC: 14:masks/ Rst: - / Rg: C)

The effect of this spell ends at the Start Closing Phase. This Model's current weapon gains one of the following,

• Passage of Damnation (Edge of Damnation): This Weapon gains +2:crows:crows to its Cb.
  • Passage of the Plague (Scourge): If a model is killed with this weapon, gain one Soul Stone. Each time this model deals damage with this weapon, push this model 3”. Each time this weapon deals damage, you may place up to four Buried Fetid Scarab models within 4” of Defender.
  • Passage of Forgiveness (Edge of Damnation, Scourge): This Weapon no longer deals any damage. Models losing the Attack duel cannot target or be targeted by any models considered to be their enemy. For each target that loses an Attack duel, draw one Control Card, or suffer 2 Wd and gain one Soul Stone.

(0)The Forgotten Return:

(CC: 17:masks:crows/ Rst: - / Rg: 4)

Discard two Soul Stones, two Control Cards and suffer 4 Wd. Summon one Broken model to within 6" of this model. Summoned Model is Insignificant until the next Start Draw Phase.

(1)Pangs of Death:

(CC: 10:crows/ Rst: - / Rg: 4)

Discard a Soul Stone. Target model makes a Healing Flip and receives :+fate to all Defense flips. This model may not be the target of this spell.

-----------------------

The Broken Entity

Totem (Adj'Verat the Broken)

Broken, Spirit

30 MM Base

4 Soul Stone Cost

Wk / Cg: 3 / -

Ht: 1

Wp: 4

Ca: 4:crows

Wd: 3

TALENTS:

Abilities:

Companion (Adj'Verat the Broken)

Arcane Reservoir: Increase your Crew's maximum hand size by one while this model is in play.

Actions:

(0)Link: This model and target model in base contact with it are Linked. After the model this model is Linked to completes a Walk action or ends it activation, Push this model into base contact with the Linked model. A model can be Linked to only one model at a time.

SPELLS:

(1) Cry of the Broken

(CC:14:crows / Rst: Wp / Rg 4) Look at the top three cards of Target Model's fate Deck and place them back in the same order you drew them.

(1)Magical Extension

(CC: * / Rst: * / Rg: *) This Spell may be cast only once per activation. Cast one of the connected Master's (1) Spells. During the casting, this model may use a Soul Stone to change its casting total while casting this spell.

----------------------------------

Charon, the Ferryman - Unique

Broken, Undead, Spirit

30 MM Base

9 Soul Stone Cost

Wk/Cg: 5 / 7

Ht: 2

Wp: 6

Ca: 6:crows

Df: 3:crows

Wd: 7

The Ferryman's Oar

Rg::melee3

Cb: 6 :crows

Dg: 4/5/5

TALENTS

Abilities:

The Ferryman's Price: This model gains :+fate:+fate to all Attack and Defense duelswhen targeting or being targeted by models that have less than half their full Wd remaining.

Even They Will Fear: This model is considered Hard to Wound 3 when damaged by Undead. Models with the Spirit characteristic must win a Wp->Wp duel when targeting this model or the Action immediately ends.

Greatest Damnation: Living models killed within 10" of this model take one (1) action or Charge controlled by this model's controller immediately after the Duel it is involved in is Resolved.

Flight

Hard to Wound 2

Triggers:

Cb(:crows:crows) The Reaping Blade [The Ferryman's Oar]: After resolving the damage flip, target one model within 2" of defender, Using the Attack total of the initial target, make a damage flip with a :-fate and -2 Dg.

Cb(:crows:masks)The Escape of Death [The Ferryman's Oar]: After damaging Defender, push Defender 5” directly away from this model.

Df(:crows)Swell of Souls: After this model wins the duel, it receives +1 Df until the end of the encounter. Additional Swell of Souls are cumulative, to a maximum of +5 Df. This Trigger cannot be activated in Duels where both models are considered Friendly.

SPELLS:

(0)Gift of Charon:

(CC: 15 / Rst: - / Rg: 6)

Target friendly model gains the Spirit characteristic until the end of the Encounter.

---------------------

Fated Warrior

Broken, Undead

Soul Stone Cost: 5

30 MM Base

Wk/Cg: 5/ 7

Wp: 5

Df: 6

Wd: 5

Ancient Edge

Rg::melee 1

Cb: 7 :crows:crows

Dg: 2/3/4

TALENTS

Abilities:

Hard to Wound 1

Shambling

Triggers:

Cb(:crows:crows)Rot

Df(:tomes)Respite of the Dead: After this model wins the duel, make an Ancient Edge Strike against Attacker using the current Duel Total.

SPELLS:

(1)Howling Death:

(CC: 12:crows:crows / Rst: Wp / Rg: 6) Dg 5. This model suffers 4 Wd.

--------------------------

Fetid Scarab

Broken, Rare 4

30 MM Base

3 Soul Stone Cost

Wk/Cg: 6 / 8

Ht: 1

Df: 6:crows

Wd: 4

Dripping Mandibles:

Rg: :melee 1

Cb: 4:crows

Dg: 1/2/3

TALENTS:

Abilities:

Companion (Fetid Scarab)

Hard to Wound 1

Such Tiny Little Insects: This model cannot block Disengaging models. When this model is disengaging it gains :+fate to its Defense Flip. Ranged Strikes and Ranged Spells targeting this model receive :-fate to their Attack and Casting flips. This model does not block Line of Sight.

Swarming Carapace: One Friendly model within 1 inch of two or more Fetid Scarab Models may choose to gain Armor +2 when suffering any damage. No more than one model may ever benefit from this effect at any time.

Pestilent Insect: This model may ignore damage from :pulse, :aura, and :blast .Ranged attack flips targeting this model from more than 8” away receive a :-fate.

Swarm of the Depth: Instead of Deploying this model during the Deployment Phase, you may choose to Bury it. Whenever this model is Buried, it may be Unburied in Base Contact with any Terrain during the Start Closing Phase. This model may not be Unburied within 8” of any known Objective. Whenever this model suffers Wd or any effect, you may bury this model, remove any effects present on this model.

Actions:

(0)Take Flight: This model gains Flight.

(0)They Swarm: Sacrifice this model and two friendly Fetid Scarabs within 6” of this model, Place one Fetid Swarm into base contact with this model before it is removed from play.

(1)To Feed the Carrion: Sacrifice this model, heal friendly Fetid Swarm 4 Wd.

Triggers:

Cb(:crows:crows)Dripping Poison [Dripping Mandibles]: Poison 1.

SPELLS:

(All)Into the Dark:

(CC: 9 / Rst: - / Rg: C) Bury this model.

(All)The Swarms Thickens:

(CC: 14:crows / Rst: - / Rg: C) This model suffers 1 Wd, summon one Fetid Scarab to within 6” of this model, bury this model.

---------------

Fetid Swarm

Broken, Unique

Soul Stone Cost: Placed

50 MM Base

Wk/Cg: 4 / 6

Wp: 6

Ca: 4

Df: 3

Wd: 8

Maw of the Swarm

Rg::melee 4

Cb: 6 :crows

Dg: 3 / 3 / 5

TALENTS:

Abilities:

Pass Through

Hard to Wound 2

Hard to Kill

The Swarm Comes: This model's Charge only costs 1 AP. Each time this model Charges, it suffers 1 Wd. If this Charge kills this model, resolve the Charge before it is removed from play. This Charge counts as a Movement Action.

The Fetid: This model counts as three Fetid Scarab models towards the Fetid Scarab Rare 4 limitation.

Hobbled: This model may only take (1) movement action per Activation.

Flight

Weapons:

Maw of the Swarm:This Weapon ignores Armor. This Weapon's damage flips gain a :+fate when this model has 6 or more Wd remaining.

Actions:

(+2)Melee Master

(1)Devouring Plague: Sacrifice all Corpse and Scrap Counters within 3”. Heal this model 1 Wd for each counter discarded.

(0)They Scatter: Sacrifice this model. Place three Fetid Scarab models up to 4” away from this model in any direction, these models may not be within 2” of any other model. Any existing Wd on this model must be evenly distributed among the Placed Fetid Scarabs. This Action may only be taken once per turn.

Triggers:

Cb(:crows)Consumed [Maw of the Swarm]: When Defender dies, it drops no counters. Heal this model 1 Wd.

Cb(:crows:masks)Dripping Venom [Maw of the Swarm]: Poison 1.

-----------------

Servant of the Black Throne - Minion

50 MM

Rare 2, Broken, Undead, Construct

8 Soul Stone Cost

Wk/Cg: 4/-

Ca: 5

Wd: 10

TALENTS:

Claws:

Rg::melee 1

Dg: 1/3/4

Abilities:

Hard to Wound 2

Immune to Influence

Wicked

Slow to Die

Regeneration 2

Wastes Titan: Each time this model suffers damage or Wd, its controller may discard one Control Card to make a mitigation flip, this mitigation flip may not reduce the Wd taken to below 1.

Unknown Origin: When this model is killed, it drops one Corpse Counter and one Scrap Counter.

Behemoth of the Sands: This model may not be targeted by Insignificant models. Ht 1 and Ht 2 models must win a Wp->12 duel when targeting this model or else the action immediately ends.

Unforgivable Act: At the Start Closing Phase, push this model up to 4". If an enemy model is within this model's melee range, this model makes one Claws Strike, the Attack and Damage flips to this Strike receives :+fate.

Actions:

(+1)Casting Expert

(0)All Consuming: This Action may be taken immediately after this Model kills a Model. Heal this model 4 Wd.

(1)The Gaze: Target model within 8" may only target this model.

Triggers:

Cb(:crows)Relentless Giant [Claws]: After this model kills target model, target another model within 1" of this model, immediately make a Claws Strike against that model.

Ca(:crows) Vilify [shawl of the Gargantuan]: Target model may only target this model.

SPELLS:

(0)Nothing Before the Giants -

(CC: 11:masks / Rst: Wp / Rg: 6)

Target model receives Insignificant and Easy to Wound 1 until the Start Draw Phase.

(1)Shawl of the Gargantuan:

(CC: 15 / Rst: - / Rg: 6)

Push Target model into base contact with this model.

Edited by Sandwich

All models.

It needs shorter range.

4".

Balancing the wounds of his crew is going to be a tough one if you can make them into Spirits so easily. Cool ability though but could be a little OTT?

And as stated being able to charge through line to their Master after turning their front line into Spirits is strong play. Interesting and reminds me of WM. ;)

Soeh.. Reduced handsize, doesn't draw any cards and must discard a card every turn?

Unplayable..

So okay alot of his abilities let him draw 1~2 cards, but those generally require him to burn good cards to get off anyway.

Also did I miss something or is he stuck with his Wk3 for moving around the table?

There's some interesting abilities and mechanics in there but I think he's severely underpowered as is.

Some thoughs

1) You got way to much going on with this guy. Way to many triggers and spells and talents. I would start from scratch and figure out the top three things you want and cut down the rest.

2) Not sure where you got your Arabic sounding names but I am guessing you made them up(not a big deal but its more work then it has to be). For the character name I would hit a few baby naming sights and find a cool Arabic name that invoked the character more.

Same goes for his weapons as well. Right now he is wielding the Sword of Manliness.

1) You got way to much going on with this guy. Way to many triggers and spells and talents. I would start from scratch and figure out the top three things you want and cut down the rest.

Very much this, currently he'd need 2½ character card to have space for all the gadgets..

8 abilities, some rather complex that does several things.

2 unique weapons with relatively complex rules to each.

5 actions, that once again got multiple uses.

8(!??!) triggers - again there's some complex ones in there.

6 spells - and again high complexity on some.

Also, I think he might produce a bit too many cards now, lol! But hard to tell without playing, it'd all depend on the Lost aswell.

Yeah.

I know.

Sword of Manliness = intentional.

It comes from a conversation long ago in a World Languages class.

And I'm sure you can understand the uh, reference.

Name can change, not desired though.

Uh.

Ibn'nasaaj is more of

Hindu-arabian.

Or well, Arabian-hindu.

Jahar is actually the name of one of my friends, but he's Indian.

And the name sounds cool, so it's kay

Besides that, it was all I could think of.

Aside from like, Mohammad.

Et cetera.

Name can change if a better one is found.

I could just name him Placeholder, the Placeholder, if it tickles any fancy.

Because the Seeker is really kind of lame.

Agreed that it needs to be broken down.

All is still mostly concept.

Problem is, I don't know how to condense it all without making him to powerful or too underpowered.

All mechanics desired, but I don't know how to make it work.

Help me work some mojo?

Edited by Sandwich

I'd say that right now, this guy is ridiculously overpowered. He's got just about everything going for him.

To begin with, he's far too difficult to kill. With a decent defense, Plate of the Dead God, a decent cache, and the ability to return to life through his Followers, he's going to be nigh on impossible to put down. Also, with some amazing triggers and spells on both his gun and sword, he can dish out a ton of damage at range or up close. And finally, he can play an excellent support role through his group healing, and other buffing abilities. Shadow of Camazotz is far too good for a zero action, as it basically is saying that all friendly models within 6" are not going to be injured this turn, seeing as most models are not going to able to push through a minus on the attack and damage.

I also think he's a little too focussed on taking down spirits. The way he is right now, there is absolutely no way a Kirai crew could deal with him, let alone his minions.

I really like the concept, and the abilities are very flavorful and well thought out in a creative sense, but he's got too much going for him. I would pick which direction you want to take him in, whether that's a tank, damager dealer, support caster, card controller, or something else, and then trim out the fat from his card. Right now he's far too powerful from what I can tell, and his abilities are all over the place.

what's the point of giving +2 Ca if you can't cast your spells? Just make him duel focused like Jack Daw, or the Viks. As it stands if I refuse to add a suit I get +2 Ca and Immune to Influence. Which is cool, but without a suit in my cast and without a mechanic to look at my deck, I'm burning a soulstone, to gain a suit, not to add to my cast as none of his spells have Rst, or deal damage or need necessarily high cards.

I'd just drop that mechanic. Plus it'd give you alot nore room in the stat card too lol

Hmm.. Several things that struck my mind when reading through this:

Weapon rules are too complex and seemingly unnecessarily so. Why force him to decide which weapon to use? It will be an obvious choice most of the time. I also think his damage output might a tad too strong and triggers are strong aswell. So is his (0) spell by the way..

And really.. all the effects that'll happen of just a single attack when combining inate weapon abilities, triggers and that (0) spell is just way too many.

(1)Gaze.. Why would he ever target an enemy model with this action?

The scarabs are much too good. Such an abundant source of armor on models that have several other defensive mechanisms.. And they all give you more cards aswell.

Both 9SS units seem good aswell..

----

Actually to sum up a bit I feel there's way too many odd things going on, like 'pay this to get that - or don't pay and get this - or get that if you don't do either - etc.'.

Everything just seems overly complex.

He also seems overpowered, especially his synergy with the Scarabs.

Hm.

Well I think I can rectify a few of those problems, but I don't want to overly cuddle him.

I'm not sure how to reduce synergy with the scarabs, if you have any ideas, please tell me.

I really like the "Do this, get that, do that, get this, do neither get this and that." mechanic.

I feel it lets you adapt further to a situation.

If you have any idea how to condense it, I'm all ears. :]

Hm.

Well I think I can rectify a few of those problems, but I don't want to overly cuddle him.

I'm not sure how to reduce synergy with the scarabs, if you have any ideas, please tell me.

I really like the "Do this, get that, do that, get this, do neither get this and that." mechanic.

I feel it lets you adapt further to a situation.

If you have any idea how to condense it, I'm all ears. :]

I would need to read him through a few more times, but at a glance he seem's verry complex (not a bad thing, it just needs more time to look at)

One small peace of advice would be to look at the crew I made. (There's is a link in my signature, the most up to date models are on the last couple of pages) I'm not say the models are perfect, far from that, but they do have felxablity, in the way that they work outside the're crew, E.g My little Rider (I made crew around Hazyel so expect so silly names like this) makes a strike when anything it is in combat with lose a Wp duel, thus it work with Pandora as much as it does with Hazyel

Also I would like to see are crews play against each other, they seem verry different Masters and a match up would be fun

Edit pages 10 and 12 to be precise

Re-edit all on page one now

Edited by Sliver Chocobo

I like him, playtesting is only to how powerful he really is

Got a few things to say however

The totem

Link why just why does it have link I see no reason why it need it or would ever use it

Servant of the black throne

I don't understand Wasts Titan, could you explain it to me

fetid scarab

'12 on the swarm of the depth seems verry big and unmanageable, I would shorten it down to '10 or possible '8

I'd be more than down to test our Crew versus Crew, but for either one of us to get any real sense of balance we'd both have to play existing crews, a lot, but I think that a game with two fan made crews would be super fun.

The Totem has a new ability incoming that requires him to be "Up Close and in your face" and the way to work that is to Link Him.

Wastes Giant allows the Servant to make a mitigation flip each time he would suffer Wd, but allows him to pay a Control Card.

I put the restriction to 12" on the Scarabs because of the Freikorps Trapper's deployment restriction, but now that I look at it, I think 8" seems more reasonable.