Hi to all

bigasb

Hi to all

I have devoured the first book and are now getting in to the second. Must say I'm really enjoying the background story, and all the characters, also I love the minis.

I have start with the Lady J box and the guild guard pack, hope add the other boxes and some more models after Christmas, and I have a very nice friend buying me the Lucius box for Christmas. Is there anything that people could recommend to get first to round out the force to give me some different options, I'm also thinking about the mercs I like the sniper and convict gunslinger.

Now if I wanted to do a second force from a different house that would give me a very different feel and different to paint is there any suggestions?

Bryan

From north Hampshire UK

Hi and welcome to the boards! great to hear you're enjoying the books and the minis call to you as well. With Lady J and Lucius you have a great start on the guild, and it never hurts to have some Mercenaries around for options as well. If you're looking for a second box option, you can always do the Viktorias as they serve as another crew as well as provide many mercenary options. And they are a very viable box on their own. Otherwise, if you want a different crew to play, pick the minis that call to you! That's what I always say :)

Good evening! I see that you have been lured by the goodness (pah) of the Guild. However, a nice little crew to go for is the Lilith and her Babies (the nephilim) they are lovely, and Lilith is a beautiful model. :)

Good luck with what you choose, and hopefully you can post us some photos to show us how your doing??

ohh and have a sweetie! *offers him a sweet*

Thanks for your replies.

When you say goodness I think more money grabbing dictatorship.

For the other factions I love model for are

Resurrectionist - Seamus

Arcanist - Ramos or Colette Du Bois

Neverborn - Lilith

Outcast - Viktorias(I would do an all lady crew) or Von Schill

If I'm being honest I will most likely end up with a crew for each.

Thanks for your replies.

When you say goodness I think more money grabbing dictatorship.

For the other factions I love model for are

Resurrectionist - Seamus

Arcanist - Ramos or Colette Du Bois

Neverborn - Lilith

Outcast - Viktorias(I would do an all lady crew) or Von Schill

If I'm being honest I will most likely end up with a crew for each.

Or do what Am doing and getting them all.

Welcome and enjoy

Hi to all

I have devoured the first book and are now getting in to the second. Must say I'm really enjoying the background story, and all the characters, also I love the minis.

I have start with the Lady J box and the guild guard pack, hope add the other boxes and some more models after Christmas, and I have a very nice friend buying me the Lucius box for Christmas. Is there anything that people could recommend to get first to round out the force to give me some different options, I'm also thinking about the mercs I like the sniper and convict gunslinger.

Now if I wanted to do a second force from a different house that would give me a very different feel and different to paint is there any suggestions?

Bryan

From north Hampshire UK

A very useful addition for your guild in the first instance would be Guild Austringers. Very good in and off themselves but apparently they can be devastating when used with Lucius.

Also, I'm agreeing with hayzel on the Neverborn. Lilith is phenomenal and Teddy is just to good a mini not to use.

A very useful addition for your guild in the first instance would be Guild Austringers. Very good in and off themselves but apparently they can be devastating when used with Lucius.

Also, I'm agreeing with hayzel on the Neverborn. Lilith is phenomenal and Teddy is just to good a mini not to use.

I am going to get the kneeling austringer after chrismas as soon as my local game store or firestorm have them back in stock. Does anyone just think the one is enough or do you really need the two?

Thanks for the welcome everyone the community here is great.

I am going to get the kneeling austringer after chrismas as soon as my local game store or firestorm have them back in stock. Does anyone just think the one is enough or do you really need the two?

Thanks for the welcome everyone the community here is great.

A lot will really depend on what strategies and schemes you are running, and who else is in your crew. If you are running a melee focused crew, then two would be good; but if you already have a lot of ranged firepower, two may be overkill.... although that is rarely a problem in Malifaux !

Start with one and see how you get on... and to be honest, you won't win many friends playing two austringers, they are quite frustrating to play against.

Oh, and welcome on board !