Levy Changed! (a thread by Lalo)

Justin

It was the pre-built terraClips boards. And no he wouldn't. The Waif just dies is she's more than 10" from a active Levi at the end of her activation. And my opponent agreed, and when I did it, called Sketch over, who asked if we had agreed that closed-in areas had roofs (He was playing Lilith). After the affirmative, the reply was in the line of "sucks to be you." Grade-A Provalone Cheese, I'll admit, but I did get my ass handed to me in a slaughter match the next round because Levi kept counting as 10 points, 10 points, 10 points...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was the pre-built terraClips boards. And no he wouldn't. The Waif just dies is she's more than 10" from a active Levi at the end of her activation. And my opponent agreed, and when I did it, called Sketch over, who asked if we had agreed that closed-in areas had roofs (He was playing Lilith). After the affirmative, the reply was in the line of "sucks to be you." Grade-A Provalone Cheese, I'll admit, but I did get my ass handed to me in a slaughter match the next round because Levi kept counting as 10 points, 10 points, 10 points...

If you did agree to it, well then, sure. Go for it.

I'm just saying...I wouldn't have agreed to it.

And it's the kind of thing that, after it happens once, will never be agreed to again. So, hardly worth an errata.

Nice move though. :D

Yeah, but the 6" jump was major shenanigans. Really easy to leapfrog waifs behind impassable terrain and whatnot. As a matter of fact, I've got a sneaking suspicion that some of this might be from a certain sneaky Levi player at Gen Con hiding a Waif in a roofed-over room with no doors or windows, thus stopping his opponent from ever having even a hope of killing Levi... *innocent Whistle*

Eh yeah.. I'd definetly say impassable, but whatever..

The changes to Levi was discussed long before Gencon though, so I don't think you can take any credit for it.. Sorry.

Yeah, but the 6" jump was major shenanigans. Really easy to leapfrog waifs behind impassable terrain and whatnot. As a matter of fact, I've got a sneaking suspicion that some of this might be from a certain sneaky Levi player at Gen Con hiding a Waif in a roofed-over room with no doors or windows, thus stopping his opponent from ever having even a hope of killing Levi... *innocent Whistle*

*blinks* Why would you ever agree to letting that happen! lol that's just mean man... like... an Oreo with no center mean.

Still though, nice ;D

The 6" reduction is actually a good thing I think for Levy over-all. He was one of the strongest masters out there since well, he can kill anyone in 3 spells. Not it slows him down a bit and prevents the dramatic board hoping he used to be able to do.

Basically its a new way we have to learn to play Levy, we have to deal with his speed and risk out Waifs more if we want more distance out of him. We can still cover a huge distance if we position our Waifs correctly. We just have to think a bit more about it now =D.

Btw Tadaka, every time I see a post of yours for the first time in a day, I have to sit there and watch your whole Avatar's animation. I love it =D