Munkey's Little Painting Blog

MunkeyKungFu

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok it's update time :D Aside from getting really sidetracked due to spending most of last night playing the Witcher (Damn you steam deals) I have managed to make some good progress. All of the Death Marshalls are finished, along with the governor's Proxy. Alas though Lady J hair is no closer to being done. I think it may well be the final thing that gets painted. Any way enough blabbering and onto the photos.

5196035118_fd99e6691e.jpg

Untitled by imacamelshump, on Flickr

5195437187_3e4f2606b7.jpg

5195439371_76f9825de4.jpg

5196042612_02bb3c00ee.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok update time, its not a huge update as I've been away lot with work but something is better than nothing.

Judge, Not sure whether the pictures show but the white coat is now done after building up grey shadows in the recesses.

5250629919_76041c06a4.jpg

5251232116_105179d725.jpg

Scales of justice.

Trousers and the wood are done, base coated the skulls and skin with was ready for next layers.

5251236254_50955c14e9.jpg

5250631349_c144d8d174.jpg

And reinforcements are here :D

5251237138_a15b20e37c.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Oh my sweet lord its a damned update, and a pathetic one at that.

Nothing Guild related here I am afraid. Although Lady J is finished and the Judge is nearly done as well. Lady J has Dark blue / black hair now. Doesn't look as good when photographed with an IPhone. Judge just needs to some weathering. I really don't like the model!!!!

So other than that what is next on the board. Executioner, Austringer are both primed, with the skin started on the Executioner. I have also pinned the Peacekeeper ready for priming.

Until I get something I though I would leave you with this little beauty. My human blood bowl team that I used at a tournament in Newport lead by Captain Ling Ling the Panda ;)

5427905257_743432ea8f_z.jpg

Lol the best use of a Teddy so far!!

And are those Shadowforge nuns? I Used to have a shadowforge Elf bloodbowl team...nice miniatures.

As for the painting of the guild, I love them! I am very impressed with the Lady J and can't wait to see the final version. Also a fan of the Gov's Proxy.

And regarding your reinforcements pic...Rasputina!!!!

The Guild shall be looking into this indiscretion! ;)

(says he, with Colette and Lilith crews hidden away from Guilder eyes!)

Lol the best use of a Teddy so far!!

And are those Shadowforge nuns? I Used to have a shadowforge Elf bloodbowl team...nice miniatures.

As for the painting of the guild, I love them! I am very impressed with the Lady J and can't wait to see the final version. Also a fan of the Gov's Proxy.

And regarding your reinforcements pic...Rasputina!!!!

The Guild shall be looking into this indiscretion! ;)

(says he, with Colette and Lilith crews hidden away from Guilder eyes!)

For Demo Purposes I SWEAR lmfao. Although I will be getting some serious Guild reinforcements. The missus is going away for a weekend in a couple of weeks So I will take the opportunity to hope on the train and take a visit to Firestorm games :D

~Hi Munkey

Could you give me a guide as to how you paint flesh.

It is truly amazing

Cheers

Thanks.

I use a white primer followed by

several very diluted layers of tallern flesh for an even smooth coat.

3 washes of 50:25:25 Water: Ogryn Flesh Wash: Devlan Mud

Tallern Flesh

50:50 Tallern Flesh, Elf Flesh

Elf Flesh

Efl Flesh Skull White.

RIGHT a proper update :D

Eyes down look in.

Austringers Bird is now done, not my best paint job by any stretch of the imagination but its good for the table.

5451143117_350380fb6f.jpg

IMG_0699 by imacamelshump, on Flickr

5451755696_1bc9f6d3fc.jpg

IMG_0698 by imacamelshump, on Flickr

The skin on my executioner is about half way there, this model I really love so I am taking this guy slow

5451745120_004470fb9f.jpg

IMG_0697 by imacamelshump, on Flickr

And the Peacekeeper is on the painting table: Very early along the line. I've just got the basecoat down for the Red armour plates.

5451133629_7a40cda9a4.jpg

IMG_0696 by imacamelshump, on Flickr

• 1 month later...
Very nice painting, especially the Death Marshalls look awesome. I'm very curious about how you painted their jeans.

Thanks.

On a white basecoat I did a couple of watered down layers of

vallejo game color extra opaque heavy blue, from this I did a quick highlight of 50:50 heavy blue / light grey and jobs a good-un

On an update front. I completely balls up the executioner and he went for a bath in the dettol to start from scratch again :( I have put the peacekeeper on hold until I can get my hands on the Hoffman boxed set so I can paint them together. Lucius boxed set has turned up so I may start up on that soon but I am painting a load of Blood bowl models which I will add on here soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Its another update.

My I have been busy. I'm currently painting up one of my blood bowl teams and i've also managed to paint some malifaux :D

Hoffman is basically done, i'm just putting the finishing touches to his base and then a quick gloss. I even managed to get most of the rasputina box done in just under 2 hours over the weekend. I'm waiting to finish the golem and then I will add some snow flock.

5621924679_35eb616756_z.jpg

5621924701_b47a570747_z.jpg

5621924707_0e3cc5ff12_z.jpg

5621924711_05bd6fae46_z.jpg