Munkey's Little Painting Blog

MunkeyKungFu

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see someone else using white undercoat.

I also recently switched from priming my minis black to a white primer and have been very happy with the results. Tends to make the colors on my models pop more then with the black undercoat.

Munkey, what did you use for the snow on the Rasputina crew? It looks pretty good.

• 3 months later...

Oi Seamus, come here a sec son. See this thread here, yeah this one. Raise this little beauty from the dead.......

ARISE MY PRETTY

So a manic few months working stupid hours and a 40k army to paint that finished a little behind schedule and this thing is risen from the grave. Below are a few pictures to wet your appetite :D

The finally completed Blood Angels

6283933242_73de168c88_z.jpg

6283420385_d48a0ec811_z.jpg

6283423703_ccf18fe301_z.jpg

Blood Angels Smashing Grey Knight Henchmen

6283949008_fdf8337c3a_z.jpg

6283428821_f8b7961312_z.jpg

6283425599_789d767177_z.jpg

Back to Malifaux, ready to be constructed

6283955634_08e301b82b_z.jpg

So some of the Ramos stuff is assembled - Soulstone Miner, Brass Arachnid, Ramos. But I can safely say this. DAMN YOU LARGE ARACHNID I HATE YOU TO THE CORE.

I thought the Guardian was a pain to put together but no this thing trumps it by a long shot. Will get a photo of the progress but its painstaking as every one of the fiddly small limbs has to be pinned to the body!!! :(

Anyway I have a few more 40k things to paint for my gaming clubs tournament coming up and we get a chance to play different units and forgeworld toys so I figured I would play around with some death company and a Contemptor pattern dreadnought :D

Chaplain with converted hand flamer, Death Company, Razorback, corbulo

6302124487_d9983c5d7b_z.jpg

So I am still awaiting the custom heavy flamer for the top of the razorback and then I can get painting. But everything is black so easy...... right.

And onto the juicy stuff the contemptor. This model is just beautiful I may have to invest in several more and replace the current stock of models.

A quick blue tack pose and I think it is there. It will be armed with claws and the right arm will be positioned so that the claws are clenched with one extended pointing.

6303140212_66e53fc0af_z.jpg

6303144174_9a65d2382d_z.jpg

What do people think of the pose???