Moving Away from Colette Issues.

Mentat_Canis

Well since I have been proxying some other master for when I finally get my Rasputina in. But the reason I am looking at a 2nd is well its always nice to have variety and well the crew is ridiculously good and I need to learn how to play a different style or Corphree I will miss thee(they should be 15/16 points together no one tell Wyrd.)

Now to the meat. For anyone else who started with Colette how do you get away from spending soulstones like candy. That has been my biggest issue is I mean spending 13-16 soulstones a game at least is like a drug with raspy I just want to be like I need to hit so spend a soulstone but then I run out. Also it is very weird not being able to spend soulstone with half your crew. The final thing is well I love the speed I have with this army I am all over the place getting missions done.

Big question can I be cured or am I just an addict and what are some rules of thumb for not using 18 soulstones a game which I think I did last game.

If you want/need a lot of Soulstones you pretend you have 4 less to spend when recruiting units. It's okay to go over by one or two Soulstones then, but you're less tempted to start with nothing but the 4 in Rasputina's Soulstone Cache. Also, Rasputina can't normally create Soulstones so you won't have access to 13/16 Soulstones. The Maximum Soulstone pool for Scraps/Brawls is 8/10.

Unlike the Showgirls only Rasputina and her totem can use Soulstones in her normal crew, and only for the normal stuff. This means you should eat through fewer Soulstones and use them for casting spells to kill one of your opponent's key models. They usually have only one or two that they need to have or they are doomed. Once they are dead then you really don't need the rest of your Soulstones, though they are still nice to have.

Coryphee is not broken. Coryphee Duet is also not broken. Have you noticed they can do a maximum of 4 damage (and their triggers never add damage)? Colette simply does not have heavy hitters so if Colette want's something tough to kill, well, killed then she needs to do so in volume. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to take down something with Hard to Wound # and/or Armor # like the Carver? It takes something close to 12 hits!

Coryphee and Coryphee Duet are fairly good at putting your opponent in a similar situation.

Oh, and if you think Coryhpee Duet is evil for taking objectives wait until you see the Soulstone Miner. On it's first activation it can walk 5", then Bury itself. While it remains buried it can move 8" at the end of each turn. Also, you don't need to unbury him during the Start Activation Phase, it's optional. It won't be until the turn after it is unburied it looses Insignificant, but it can get there and grab something at the last possible turn.