Dreamer shopping list...

Vlad the Mad

So, October has passed, and soon (or so I hope) we'll get to see the pictures of the nice new things that Wyrd has in store for the Dreamer. Well OK, only the Alps and the Daydreams, the other ones we've already seen...

Anyway, I have a Nightmare version of the Dreamer and am wondering how to expand from here on. I have a Teddy, a Lelu and a Lilitu, as well as a lot of Nephilims.

While I'll be getting at least a pack of Coppelius, Stitched Together, Alps and Daydreams, I am wondering if it wouldn't be prudent getting a pack more of Stitched Together and Alps. They are not really cheap, but the local shop has a 20% discount on Malifaux pre-orders. The question that really bothers me is, do I really need more than 2 Stitched Togethers, and more than 3 Alps??

Any advice appreciated!

Well, Stitched are Rare 3, don't forget. I'd stick with two. Alps, however, I can see running a swarm once in a while and I'll be trying 5-7 to see where the abusability hits. So I'd start with an additional pack of those in addition to the stuff you've named. Not having more than 3 might annoy you at least once and their synergy is clearly maximized when you have a pack of them.

I agree with Nerd on the Stitched together. Especially with the Does Not Die abuse right now, 3 could be just plain gross if you can pull it off. But otherwise, I don't see needing more then 2.

For Alps, again I agree with Nerd, at least 3, probably close to 6 or 7 if you want to run a swarm (PS you will earn some hate from your opponents for it though ;D).

If you don't have 2 Teddies, I would get a second. There is very little in the game that hits as hard as a Teddy and being able to just drop them in combat is really really nasty.

I would consider Madness if you want to maximize your Terrifying abilities. The negative flip it gives to Wp duels is crippling in many cases and they can just be a bucket of fun. But you probably only want 2.

I would say consider getting another set of Lelu and Lilitu if you like them a lot. Especially if you has lilith as she makes a double set of the twins list viable.

Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll be getting one pack of Stitched Together and two packs of Alps, as well as an additional Teddy (it's one of my favorite miniatures anyway!).

Although I do actually have a Lilith crew, I'm probably going to hold back on a second Lelu-Lilitu pair for the time being, and I'll wait for Wyrd to bring out their own Madness 'till I decide whether or not to get it.

Can't wait for Wyrd to get the November releases to the distributors...

Every time I see some thing like this I grow to love Levi more and more. What Stitched has 1 would lets sac him MUHAHAHAHAHA.

I agree with Nerd on the Stitched together. Especially with the Does Not Die abuse right now, 3 could be just plain gross if you can pull it off. But otherwise, I don't see needing more then 2.

Stiched Together has 7 wounds. He just has an ability called "Does Not Die!" that lets him stay on the board a bit longer than usually.

Yes but Does Not Die only functions on being "killed" it does nothing if you are "Sacrified" and levy can auto sac a model with 2 or less wounds for no resist.

I don't understand the Does Not Die abuse...does it trigger more than once? That is, if a Stitched Together dies on a turn, if he takes more damage that turn does he stick around, or does he lose his last remaining wound and get aced?

When I was reading it, it seemed like he would just die after taking 1 additional damage after the ability triggers, but perhaps I'm off on that assessment.

Ok let me break it down for you.

1) Stitched Together gets wacked

2) Does Not Die kicks in and leaves him at 1 wd and he gets reactivate if he has activated already

3) Stitched Together gets wacked again.

4) Does Not Die kicks in again and keeps him at 1 wd. Though he can not gain reactivate more then once per turn.

Every time Stitched Together is killed, Does not Die will keep it alive at 1 wd. But at the end of the turn, it will go away thanks for Does Not Die also. The real abuse is, you bury the Stitched Together before the Closing Phase and it wont die. Bring it out next turn, use it, and then bury it again. Essentially force your opponent to either Sacrifice it, or eliminate all ways of burying it after it activates (ie Daydreams/Dreamer).

Never mind, I just checked the rules forum and had this answered.

I don't think I could bring myself to abuse the Bury/re-Bury tactic, ever. It's obviously something that no decent human being should do. However, the fact that the Stitched Together gets to stay around for the entire turn no matter what additional damage he takes is totally awesome.

EDIT: And you replied while I was replying. I feel like a doofus. :P