Poison and conduit

Braindead

I apologise in advance if this is obvious, but couldn't find anything via search.

If Zoraida summons a Voodoo Doll they receive poison 2 at the end of closing phase. If the voodoo doll then uses Reconnect, does the original target still keep the poison counters and does the new one also receive them.

In my head it works like this. I'm specifically thinking of stacking poison on Gremlin armies.

No problem! Lord knows I have questions, ha ha ha. Don't get me wrong- Zoraida is a powerful lady. She's ridiculously hard to pin down and kill- Proper Manners and her ability to transform and fly across the board is amazing. Using her with Stitched Togethers is a great crew for 30-40 SS.

I only hope the stitched are out in time for me to use them. Otherwise I'm stuck with a fairly standard crew for all eventualities.

?

It has changed with the errata. Poison occurs of the voodoo summon now (end closing phase --> next activation). I was trying to clarify whether it stayed on the original summon after casting Reconnect.

Ah I wondered if it might have changed, I've never played against her and was just looking at the book. Your original question didn't make much sense.

Ah I wondered if it might have changed, I've never played against her and was just looking at the book. Your original question didn't make much sense.

No problems.

I was thinking of asking you how to build a Kirai crew with no lost love at 30ss actually. I'm pretty set on Z now, but thoughts would be appreciated.

As long as this model is within 1” of Zoraida, she ignores LoS and range

when targeting the nominated model with a spell, her

casting and spell Damage Flips receive :+fate when targeting the

nominated model. The nominated model suffers Poison 2 at

the beginning of each End Closing Phase.”

Just read the Errata. It says that you gain Poison 2 in the End Closing Phase. You can only be connected to one model in that phase (as the Voodoo Doll can't reconnect in the the End Closing Phase). So I think you can only Poison one model a turn. Edited by Ratty

Just read the Errata. It says that you gain Poison 2 in the End Closing Phase. You can only be connected to one model in that phase (as the Voodoo Doll can't reconnect in the the End Closing Phase). So I think you can only Poison one model a turn.

Aye, it's amazing what you can learn by re-reading things hey. That covers my question up I reckon - no stacking.

Having the Voodoo doll next to you allows you to strike the model it's connected to as if it was next to Zorianda. So it works exactly like a normal Poison 2 weapon. You strike them, they take the poison counter, the voodoo doll never gets poisoned. I believe.

Not... Quite what he's asking, i think. the way Conduitworks is that when you cast Conduit, the targeted model receives Poison (2). If you Conduit another model, the Conduit to the first target ends. He was asking if the Poison counters go away when Conduit ends. And the Vodoo Doll doesn't allow (1) Strikes, it allows LOS to the Conduited model no matter what. Doesn't mean Zoraida can strike the model at all.

Not... Quite what he's asking, i think. the way Conduitworks is that when you cast Conduit, the targeted model receives Poison (2). If you Conduit another model, the Conduit to the first target ends. He was asking if the Poison counters go away when Conduit ends. And the Vodoo Doll doesn't allow (1) Strikes, it allows LOS to the Conduited model no matter what. Doesn't mean Zoraida can strike the model at all.

Gotta love people posting quite rapidly. All the replies get so jumbled. I'm sure we can refer someone to this thread to clarify things. Just read posts in this order: 7, 1, 11, 14a, ...

*tries to figure out whats going on, scratches head, shrugs and falls over*

I think the question is answer.... >.> but I can't tell lol!

Conduit applies Poison at the Closing Phase now and FYI you can not make melee strike through Conduit at the target via the new wording and clarifications (Don't know if someone was mis-stating this... I think someone did >.>).

Also, here is a curious thing for you to ponder. She gets a Positive flip on spell damage flips on the Conduited target, but has no spells that deal damage. Soooo.... does damage flips caused by Obey count as spell damage flips? *waggles eyebrows* I don't think so, but it would be an interesting surprise, especially since the model casting Obey is not the one considered doing the damage to! Oh Zoraida, how you taunt us.

Here's the skinny on conduit from many long hours debating it and researching the posts -

Conduit is free when you summon a voodoo doll and Zoriada gets +ive flips for casting against that model irrespective of range and line of sight as long as the doll is within 1" of Zoriada. You cannot attack in melee through conduit (i.e. "stab the doll with a pin") and none of Zoriada's spells have damage flips so it's currently an unused part of her ability (you do not get +ive damage for obey as the obeyed model is flipping for damage, not Zoriada)

The voodoo doll can reconect onto any enemy model as per it's ability and the above bonuses apply to the new model and no longer to the old model.

In the end closing phase the model subject to conduit receives two poison counters (but takes no damage). As such, only one model per turn can get poison counters in this way, and only if the voodoo doll is still alive in the end closing phase.

A model with poison counters takes wounds equal to the number of counters when it activates and discards one poison counter. Acting subject to obey is not an activation and doesn't trigger damage, nor does it remove a poison counter.

If the model is subject to conduit in the end closing phase again, it get's "topped up" to 2 poison counters as poison doesn't stack. If it is no longer subject to conduit it keeps the one remaining poison counter and the new model with conduit (if there is one) get's two counters.

If there is an instance where conduit has cast onto a new model, the model with a single poison counter takes one wound on it's next activation and then removes the poison counter.

Also, it's worth knowing that the conduit effect is on the voodoo doll and not the target, so cannot be removed via "shrug off" or such like.

Hope that makes sense and helps.

MP

Edited by magicpockets
more info

Here's the skinny on conduit from many long hours debating it and researching the posts -

In the end closing phase the model subject to conduit receives two poison counters (but takes no damage). As such, only one model per turn can get poison counters in this way, and only if the voodoo doll is still alive in the end closing phase.

A model with poison counters takes wounds equal to the number of counters when it activates and discards one poison counter. Acting subject to obey is not an activation and doesn't trigger damage, nor does it remove a poison counter.

If the model is subject to conduit in the end closing phase again, it get's "topped up" to 2 poison counters as poison doesn't stack. If it is no longer subject to conduit it keeps the one remaining poison counter and the new model with conduit (if there is one) get's two counters.

If there is an instance where conduit has cast onto a new model, the model with a single poison counter takes one wound on it's next activation and then removes the poison counter.

Also, it's worth knowing that the conduit effect is on the voodoo doll and not the target, so cannot be removed via "shrug off" or such like.

Hope that makes sense and helps.

MP

But the poison counters(PCs) continue to add correct?

Ex:

Turn 1: Conduit goes off. End closing phase 2 PCs added.

Total PCs = 2

Turn 2: Model Activates Takes 2 wounds. start closing phase remove 1 PC. End closing phase add 2 PCs.

Total PCs = 3

Turn 3: Model Activates Takes 3 wounds. Start Closing Phase remove 1 PC. End closing phase add 2 PCs.

Total PCs = 4

Etc. Etc.

Is this correct or does this go against the stacking rule?