small point armies for Lilith

Bradschneider

So I have recently played a couple of small point games with Lilith, by small I mean 20-25 ss. While creating my list I found that I was using the same models in each list.

Mature x1

Terror Tot x1

Young x 1

I am new to the game, but this list didn't seem to be that effective. If you could suggest some lists that may work better, or suggestions on combinations that I should run in future games.

Thanks!

I would run closer to the original box set and try to run more terror tots instead of bringing the young. The tots are cheap, fast, disposable and kill things with their blood.

While on that topic, make sure you get base to base with your nephs so that they can bleed on your enemies at least.

What did you play against and what made you think the crew was not so effective? Did you guys use a decent amount of terrain?

Without some more info, it could be any number of things.

I would run closer to the original box set and try to run more terror tots instead of bringing the young. The tots are cheap, fast, disposable and kill things with their blood.

While on that topic, make sure you get base to base with your nephs so that they can bleed on your enemies at least.

What did you play against and what made you think the crew was not so effective? Did you guys use a decent amount of terrain?

Without some more info, it could be any number of things.

I was playing against Lev, and Dr. Mc. I was able to use terrain, but I used it to block line of sight, while I moved my army forward. I would have used the terrain differently if I was playing against an army that was more shooty.

What I would recommend is:

20ss

Lilith +4

Terror Tot -3

Terror Tot -3

Cherub -2

Young Nephilim -6

Then either another Terror Tot for 7ss with Lilith

or another Young for 4ss with Lilith

25ss

Lilith +4

Cherub -2

Terror Tot -3

Terror Tot -3

Terror Tot -3

Mature Nephilim -10

Then 8ss with Lilith.

If you think this is to many SS, drop a Terror Tot and take a Young Nephilim for only 5ss with Lilith (which I find is a perfect number).

Raintar is right that the Young are very strong and dangerous and if you want to use the Black Blood in such a small list, you want several Young Nephilim as they can benefit more from it then Terror Tots. But this is seen as a bit of a cheese list as its stronger then the average list of it's cost. The two I presented here are classic and more mid line. The 25ss list is actually the box set + totem and one of my preferred lists, it's nearly impossible to beat how useful the Mature can be in a small game and growing/maturing your models is not a guarantee unless your paying for it.

I should also mention there are some very cheesy lists where people bring dirt cheep living models and then eat them for Blood Counters and Grow/Mature their Nephilim. But I would HIGHLY recommend not playing this kind of list in a friendly environment. I would not blame a single person for walking away from a game where that was the strategy. So its your choice how you play, just remember that you want your opponent to have fun to.

Another sorta fun idea if your opponent is ready for it is:

20ss

Lilith +4

Cherub -2

Mature -10

Mature -10

Leaves Lilith with 2ss but it's very hard to stop this kind of blitz. But its all you got heh. You just fly in and maul everything. It either works overwhelmingly or it doesnt =) Its mainly just fun.

A complicated and hard to play but powerful list is:

25ss

Lilith +4

Cherub -2

Lelu -7

Lilitu -7

Young Nephilim -6

Terror Tot -3

Leaves Lilith with 4ss but it can deal with just about anything in the game. Lilitu's Lure is very hard to beat and lets you drag your targets back into your line so you can eat them as you will. Lelu is really an unrivaled beat-stick for his points. He out classes the Young and can bring down the 12ss models in the game without much trouble at all. Plus his alpha strike capacity with Lilith and Lilitu is staggering. You keep your Young and Tot back and use the Blood Tokens you gather to grow/mature them up as quickly as you can. Send them in to finish off targets you lure back to you. If you think you can get 2 Blood Tokens easily, go for Maturing the Young first. But if not, Grow the Tot and then you have 3 Melee experts with flaw on the board =)

Edited by karn987

Another sorta fun idea if your opponent is ready for it is:

20ss

Lilith +4

Cherub -2

Mature -10

Mature -10

Leaves Lilith with 2ss but it's very hard to stop this kind of blitz. But its all you got heh. You just fly in and maul everything. It either works overwhelmingly or it doesnt =) Its mainly just fun.

In general your lists are very good, but this list is actually invalid in a 20 Soulstone game because your master's soulstone cache isn't available for hiring crews.

Core Rulebook: Starting Soulstone Pool (p.96)

After you finish hiring your Crew, your unspent Soulstones form your Crew's starting Soulstone Pool. Add your Master's Soulstone Caches into the Pool.

However, you can change the list and make it work if you can draw at least one 9 or higher in your hand.

[20ss List]

* Lilith (Cache: 4)

2 Malifaux Cherub (or Primordial Magic)

6 Young Nephlim

10 Mature Nephlim

Starting Pool Size: 6.

On turn one you can use Lilith's Blood from Stone, discard 4 soulstones and let one of your Young Nephlim use Mature. This eats up 1 AP from Lilith and 1 AP from the Young Nephlim, but you end up with the same list as above and you get 2 terrifying beat-sticks plus Lilith.

For a totem the Cherub's Love is a great spell to use against enemy non-magic beat-sticks. However, Primordial Magic Increases the Maximum Hand Size by 1 and is a Spirit can move into impassable terrain and stay out of the way. Both are equal in casting Lilith's spells via Magical Extension. Both are good in different situations.